• Commercial/Vendors welcome

confusion on psi on TT

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If you have had tire failure at any time, you best look at the numbers. Overloaded tires and under-inflated tires are the major cause of tire failure. Tires over 5 years old from the date of tire manufacturer are subject to dry rot and should be replaced regardless of appearance.

Also check manufacturer location. I see a lot more tire problems with China made tires.

If you have had tire failure at any time, you best look at the numbers. Overloaded tires and under-inflated tires are the major cause of tire failure. Tires over 5 years old from the date of tire manufacturer are subject to dry rot and should be replaced regardless of appearance.

Also check manufacturer location. I see a lot more tire problems with China made tires.
Michelin's headquarters is in France and has 2 factories in China. They are also manufactured in South Carolina and Alabama.

Bridgestone's headquarters is in Japan and has 6 factories in China. They are also manufactured in the US. My father-in-law, now retired, was the manager of their US plants.

Continental's headquarters and tires are made in Germany.

Goodyear's headquarters and tires are made in Ohio.

Here is good information about Chinese tires.

As I cited in my earlier post, our FR Wildwood came from the factory with tires that were NOT rated for the maximum load of the trailer. Likewise, if someone had a tire failure of the original tires, is it the tires, or the TT manufacturer? As I found on our TT, the tires were underrated!

I would check and verify data before making general statements. Someone might think it is the truth.

I think you are on track. Stepping up to a higher load range is a good move. I did the same thing years back on our fifth wheel and we never had another problem. I think replacing tires at 5 years is a idea. Hard to do sometimes but may save a problem on the road.

if you still have issues, I would also check axle alignment. I had an issue with that on a triple axle 5th wheel one. I kept blowing tires which ended up being the alignment causing the problem.

Latest resources

Back