Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Converting Park Model RV from composting toilet to.....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jenlindwall

RVF Newbee
Hello all,

We live in a permanently parked Park Model RV as a family of four and just decided to extend our time for at least another couple years. We have been using a fully self-contained composting toilet for 6 years and are looking for other options as our daughter begins high school (you know, teenagers). We are trying to make the bathroom experience a little more "normal"by possible installing a flush toilet of some kind.

Here is the situation, we do not have access to the sewer on site but live in a few acres with a lot of space. I am thinking we can plumb an RV or normal toilet in and then hook it up to a self contained black water tank underneath the house. However, I think removing it to empty it somewhere else would be annoying and need to take place too frequently (although I guess we could get several smaller tanks to make this happen and just load them in the car every few weeks?). Alternatively, I am wondering about getting a pretty big tank and then having a service come a biweekly or something to empty it.

Open to any and all recommendations and suggestions to what has worked for others, I imagine there is a way to do this but just haven't quite figured it out.

About all I can think of is burying a tank the size you want then have it emptied as required.

Put in septic system?

Put in septic system?

I agree. Most states allow septic on 1+ acres. These systems run about $5k installed, and will be a permanent solution.

Avoid aerobic systems at all costs. You want a conventional 2 stage tank and leech line.

What Redbaron said. If you have the room, but in two fields.

Hello all,

We live in a permanently parked Park Model RV as a family of four and just decided to extend our time for at least another couple years. We have been using a fully self-contained composting toilet for 6 years and are looking for other options as our daughter begins high school (you know, teenagers). We are trying to make the bathroom experience a little more "normal"by possible installing a flush toilet of some kind.

Here is the situation, we do not have access to the sewer on site but live in a few acres with a lot of space. I am thinking we can plumb an RV or normal toilet in and then hook it up to a self contained black water tank underneath the house. However, I think removing it to empty it somewhere else would be annoying and need to take place too frequently (although I guess we could get several smaller tanks to make this happen and just load them in the car every few weeks?). Alternatively, I am wondering about getting a pretty big tank and then having a service come a biweekly or something to empty it.

Open to any and all recommendations and suggestions to what has worked for others, I imagine there is a way to do this but just haven't quite figured it out.
Check out this system. It was originally designed for marine applications so you can dump directly into the river. Been thinking about this system when we move onto our vacation property. I realize this is an older post but don't know if you got anything figured out. Less than 2K with shipping
https://www.aheadsanitationsystems.com/shop/lus-75-camp-unit/lus-75-camp-unit/

Latest resources

Back