Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I saw a post on FB and this reminded me of something that happened recently. What businesses are charging extra for ppe / cleaning?

I had heard Freightliner service was going to do so and when I got my service May 8th there was NOT such a charge.

Here is an email from my dentist office, I guess the customers revolted (I didn't provide any feedback as I cancelled my cleaning until further notice):

5/15 1:46 PM:

Neal,

The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority.

The COVID-19 pandemic has caused disruption to previous PPE requirements and costs. After carefully reviewing the increased amount of PPE required for each patient visit according to the CDC guidelines, we will be adding a fee of $10.00 to each visit for PPE costs. If you have insurance coverage, we will send that along with your services to be considered for reimbursement; however, you may be responsible for this amount if insurance does not cover it.

We hope this will be a temporary change in our operations and we will continue to monitor the need for this fee as the COVID-19 pandemic progresses.

5/15 4:31 PM:

Neal,

We've listened to your feedback regarding our recent PPE email and have decided not to move forward with the temporary fee. Please stay safe and we hope to see you at your next visit.

I didn't say anything (as noted above), this was just an email series that came in. I'm not a fan of companies passing on these burdens to the little people such as FL or the dentist. I was glad to see FL did not charge me as I had expected. We are all in this together.

Haven't heard of my dentist adding new charges, yet. :) But they did call me a couple of weeks ago, the day before my scheduled cleaning, to tell me that because of my age and my high blood pressure, they felt it best to postpone my visit for awhile. (That made me feel bad for the next couple of days.) Before she hung up I told her canceling my appointment was ridiculous. I walk 12 miles every day, I hike the Application Trail twice each year, I participate in MMA on a nationwide basis, and I race cars during my spare time. Having my teeth cleaned shouldn't be too much stress for me.

Pause. Silence. And then she said "Really?"

"LOL, no" I said, but it sounded pretty good. :) She laughed and rescheduled my visit for September. Not sure what's going to change in September. I'm not getting younger and my BP is unlikely to change. Oh well. . .

I know my dentist charges $154 (discounted to $143 by Insurance) for a cleaning - WOW- I've been expressing my surprise about the rate increase and they remind me that they haven't raised the price in 2 years.... I keep asking for a "retired person discount" but they chuckle and say "the majority of our patients are retired" - can't win. I have a cleaning in the morning, so I'll be looking for this upcharge. Don't put off your oral health.

I am headed to NIRVC Vegas sunday for a long overdue factory warranty repair inside my coach. i emailed the service advisor about what efforts would be undertaken to ensure my coach would be safe when they return it to me every day. I did ask they wear gloves and masks inside and disinfect upon entry each time they step out and back in again. They were very accommodating and said they would do what it takes to make me comfortable and safe. I have to say, so far, my experience with NIRVC has been nothing less than great customer service. Obviously, I will have to oversee and probably do my own disinfecting each day as well and I am prepared to do that.

Latest resources

Back