Crankcase filter

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Here is an interesting discussion about high crankcase pressure

That’s quite a video. Very informative. I actually subscribed to his “channel” - something I’ve never done before. I liked the approach/troubleshooting, and all the info makes sense and seems accurate. Sounds like the key in this case was high detergent oil in a high (for us) milage motor, although I’m sure the owner was disappointed in what should be closer to a million mile motor. Also while there was a side issue with the DPF we will probably never see high enough ash levels to have our DPF serviced. Thanks for a good video.

I have searched the forum but have not seen this issue. Due to stop engine light had crankcase filter replaced. Thought all was fine til about 1000 miles later stop light on again.
Diesel mechanic has run code again and high crankcase pressure code again. Pressure is within good limit when filter is out but runs high when filter is in. No other codes, and no obvious mechanical symptoms... oil level ok, no smoke, no leaks, engine runs fine. Cummins 400 ISL. Anyone ever encounter this?
I was experiencing same issue for an extended period went thru multiple filters Had in shop multiple times with no resolution. I would suggest that you have your oil tested for coolent to confirm that you do not have an internal leak. Are you getting any milky like sludge around filter inlet? In my case that is exactly what it was (pitted liner) and the damage it created was significant.

Latest resources

Back