Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Current discount to list price when placing order for Newmar diesel pushers?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
you can choose to believe whatever you want. I have a trusted source and that’s as far as I’ll go.
It wasn't me so it is reliable!

Anyone care to share actual experience with the discount to list price when placing an order for a Newmar DP. Historically I have seen it in the 20% to 30% range. Just curious given the current slow down in sales about how motivated dealers are to cut price on a custom order.
Our experience purchasing 3 motorhomes. Ignore list/MSRP price, 5-10% from show/advertised/asking price. Depends on popular model, interest rates (negotiable), etc. Shop around, deal online with internet manager, only deal with out the door price, no dealer add on. Inspection prior to purchase. Example first offer, subtract 10% from show price, add sales tax, lower asking interest rate by 1%. Good luck.

What if it’s a lot unit 2023? No interest to negotiate considering I’m from Canada and will need to pay cash

What if it’s a lot unit 2023? No interest to negotiate considering I’m from Canada and will need to pay cash
I talked to a few dealers about leftover 23's. North Trail, etc. They would not take off more than 25% on a Superstar. North trail has 5 4059s and refused to budge. Call William Hopkins are NIRVC Atlanta 770 310-8436. They were the easiest to deal with and no games. I just ordered a 24 SS from them

I talked to a few dealers about leftover 23's. North Trail, etc. They would not take off more than 25% on a Superstar. North trail has 5 4059s and refused to budge. Call William Hopkins are NIRVC Atlanta 770 310-8436. They were the easiest to deal with and no games. I just ordered a 24 SS from them
Oh nice choice. I wish they were in our budget. 25% is less then I would expect in these times.

Oh nice choice. I wish they were in our budget. 25% is less then I would expect in these times.
On a dp, you can get more, on a Superstar, its not so easy for a few reasons. Not many dealers are permitted to sell them, its a lower volume coach which creates an issue between demand and supply. Third, North Trail is one of those dealers that will sit on a stock unit for two years rather then discount it better. Finally there are a ton of DPs out there for sale, new or late model used, creating competition.

On a dp, you can get more, on a Superstar, its not so easy for a few reasons. Not many dealers are permitted to sell them, its a lower volume coach which creates an issue between demand and supply. Third, North Trail is one of those dealers that will sit on a stock unit for two years rather then discount it better. Finally there are a ton of DPs out there for sale, new or late model used, creating competition.
My 2 experiences with North Trail tell me that they are some of the most arrogant people out there, they must have a hell of an existing customer base they can count on.

Best deals on SS/SA are usually had at Sport Truck for some reason. they are usually extremely aggressive on pricing... That being said, NIRVC has apparently really been alot more aggressive than normal this past few months on pricing.. Something must have changed there as they used to cap out at 26%..

Personal opinion.....buy a custom ordered coach. Here is a short version of why.

It doesn't cost the dealer anything and is free money for them. They never had to pay anything to get that coach to their lot. You did all of the paying. When you do that, they are a bit more motivated to make a deal as it is free money for them.

The longer version.......Most coaches (cars, rvs and anything else on a lot) are there in 1 of 3 ways. The dealer bought them and owns them completely. The dealer paid some money and partially financed the rest. And the most common way, the dealer has a loan out and is paying interest only to have it there. They are always motivated to sell......however, when you custom order a coach, they never have to put down a dime because you are putting down the money. So they get what I call pass thru money. They will accept the coach on delivery, clean it up and do the paperwork and they get paid for this. At no time do they have to invest money for that coach. It is essentially free money for the dealership. As they have nothing invested, they seem more willing to make a deal that is great for the buyer. They usually don't even have to store it on the lot for more than a few days as you are most likely picking it up fairly quick. In addition to all of that, you will end up with exactly what you want because it is a custom order.

We did this for our coach and got about 33.5% off of the MSRP. As well as I could figure out at the time, the average 'good deal' was between 27% and 29% at that time. So We got about an extra 5% off. Also, do not be afraid of shopping around. You are spending a lot of money for this and are not tied to any particular dealer. It does not hurt if they know you are shopping around either.

Anyone care to share actual experience with the discount to list price when placing an order for a Newmar DP. Historically I have seen it in the 20% to 30% range. Just curious given the current slow down in sales about how motivated dealers are to cut price on a custom order.
In this market a person can expect to get a bigger discount than what were historical discounts……I would suggest getting with any nirvc dealership and in short order you will likely know the biggest discount off msrp available today…as another pointed out,the Florida Newmar dealer seems willing to sit on a coach for years rather than discounting it….nirvc sells so many newmars for multiple reasons,one of which is fair pricing…..happy coach hunting….

Latest resources

Back