Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Anyone else having issues with the cutting boards working their way out? I reported this to Newmar under warranty, they removed and reglued them. It happened again about a year ago, I removed and reglued them (with silicone). Now again one wants out. Wonder if I should go to epoxy next time around?

Honestly, I would consider that a feature, not a bug. I would stick with the silicone that way if I ever wanted to replace the cutting boards, I could get them out. Go with an epoxy and you’ll probably break the covers before you separate the cutting board from them. Cutting boards develop scars and stains over time, so I find it nice to be able to replace them. @Dutch Star Don had a pretty sweet mod over on iRV2 where he ordered a custom sized cutting board perfectly cover the induction.

100% agree on the ability to replace them if needed. Wish there was a better way to prevent what I've been experiencing.

IMG_1175.png

Last edited:
Maybe some 3M tape? If you don’t go too overboard with the tape and you hold the cover face down in a flat surface when prying to remove the board, i’d bet it would come out.

We actually don’t even use ours. We just have these flimsy cutting mats that we use.

You could also try some spray adhesive or a some small dabs of liquid nails in the corner. I’d not use much though. Better that it comes out a little too easy than never at all.

Our MADP didn't come with cutting boards attached to the countertop; and, I'm glad it didn't. We just carry a couple of loose cutting boards. That way, they can be easily changed out. And, cutting boards should be replaced when the surface gets rough as it makes it hard to get them properly clean.

TJ

I carry 2 regular whitish cutting boards...they do double duty as a lap tray or desk if we‘re eating on the sofa.

100% agree on the ability to replace them if needed. Wish there was a better way to prevent what I've been experiencing.

I would use clear silicone sparingly several thin lines and a thin border approx 1/2 inch from the edge, sit something heavy on it while drying.

I would use clear silicone sparingly several thin lines and a thin border approx 1/2 inch from the edge, sit something heavy on it while drying.

Yep, this has been done twice, once by Newmar and then by me a few months ago. Rectangle of silicone along the outside maybe 1/2 inch to an inch in from the edge then zig zag the middle. Both of my covers are doing this on one corner, odd!

Yep, this has been done twice, once by Newmar and then by me a few months ago. Rectangle of silicone along the outside maybe 1/2 inch to an inch in from the edge then zig zag the middle. Both of my covers are doing this on one corner, odd!
Is it possible that one surface is warped, this isn't something that I have seen happen before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back