• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Dash camera mount photos?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I don't think so but I could be wrong. There would need to be an ignition sense wire and even the dash radios are not plumbed into something like that which is why I added a dash radio on/off rocker switch so I could kill/reboot my dash radio which will freeze up at times as they are not designed to be on all the time.

I think we want an "always on" power source for the dash cam, right?

TJ

I think we want an "always on" power source for the dash cam, right?

I do, it's constantly recording. Keep in mind not all dash cams are always recording as I found out with my former, the Garmin 65W. Loving my Blackvue and highly recommend.

I don't think so but I could be wrong.

On my 2019 Tiffin RED, in the bundle of cables under the steering column. I found 4, 12 volt wires. One was marked as aux brake, along with another that became hot after ignition was turned on. Two others had constant 12v regardless of ignition. None of them were connected to anything. I later found out that one of the wires was for the CB radio if you ordered that option. I didn’t, but I guess they run the bundle, even if you don’t include the option.

I later determine that one of the ignition “hot” and one of the always “hot” were also in the upper cabinet behind the back panel.

Mine is mounted on the dash with easy access to a 12v connection. The camera lens just barely sees under the wiper blade...unless the wipers are working in which case the wiper hits the top of the viewing area.
023B7A73-90C0-44DD-A4D8-0917118AE91F.jpeg
1E5EB162-6883-4501-A4B3-5DB2413C1B9A.jpeg

I like the REXING cameras. Have them on both of our cars., with dual (front and back) cameras

I like the REXING cameras. Have them on both of our cars., with dual (front and back) cameras
I have been looking at these. It is good to0 hear from someone with experience. I was hesitant, based on some of the poorer reviews.

As far as power for mine, I installed a rocker switch, that matches the Newmar issue, just above the ign switch that actuates the GPS and the camera. When I park, they both get turned off.

Would be interested in seeing photos of where and how others have mounted their cameras. And, any suggestions are welcome too.

@TJ&LadyDi we spent some time on this today. Personally, I am leaning towards a lower part of the window with it mounted flush on the flat strip that runs parallel to the window. Even if you place it high below the tint line, it seems there can be interference from the wipers. We plugged it in and it didn’t seem bad when looking at the live view. Spend the time connecting to your wifi on your phone prior installing as That did not go as smooth as I would have liked. There’s also a firmware update that has to be added as well.

Last edited:
Personally, I am leaning towards a lower part of the window
I initially put it high, but I have it low now and like it better there, Now all I have to do is center it properly. ?

Latest resources

Back