• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Deer Springs RV Park (Franklin, NC)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This was the grand finale of my 4 month adventure and I couldn't ask for a better way to end it. @GlampDaddy gave me training on smoking a brisket and now I'm looking forward to giving it a try when I get home assuming he signs off on my apprenticeship. It was an exhausting 12 hours but we did it and had a wonderful dinner together.
The apprenticeship is complete! But the journeyman level involves a BUNCH of smoking...briskets, ribs, etc. Go for it, Neal!

Tell me, do drone flying lessons come with site?
This one is pretty cool as well. @Neal flew his drone through the gazebo, and then turned it around to watch for me.

As I came through, he turned and moved to the side, where he turned around again and watched me come through.

Then, what was ultimately cool, (and not shown in the video) is we took off flying down the fairway with him on my tail and a few feet above me. At the end, we turned and hauled the mail back to the end of the field.

Oh, so awesome! If we had a week to practice, there would be some unbelievable footage to post!

Some of you may have heard of this little gem named Deer Springs RV Park near Franklin, NC. I was lucky to be able to book a few days and enjoy the back side of fall colors in the stunning Smoky Mountains. Shockingly, my registration wasn't rejected and I got to meet some amazing people including a guy named @Jim and his wife Trish, a super great guy that some know as @GlampDaddy and his wonderful wife Jeanette. This RV park is a 10 star destination that you should book as soon as you can as there are limited sites in this small but amazing RV slice of paradise.

Full hookups and a great design with this new park with solid electrical, great water pressure, and pristine sites. There are full residential refrigerators in each site within your own gazebo and my site even had another tier (the veranda deck) with another picnic table and fire pit. Wood is free and delivered to your site. Franklin (city) is near by and has all you need among other little nuggets around the area with some farm fresh goodies.

Lots of great land to enjoy and the Internet is solid with the top tier Starlink feeding a well designed Wi-Fi system. While the owner doesn't believe I got good Verizon connectivity, well, I did, with my roof mounted Parsec Husky antenna connected to my Pepwave BR1 Pro 5G.

As @Jim is a drone pilot and convinced me to buy a drone as well (or two) we had great fun on the field with some video to come later. I even got @GlampDaddy to do some flying with mine, maybe we can hook him on it too for some FPV flying although he does have a sweet little DJI Mavic Mini 2 he let me fly.

This was the grand finale of my 4 month adventure and I couldn't ask for a better way to end it. @GlampDaddy gave me training on smoking a brisket and now I'm looking forward to giving it a try when I get home assuming he signs off on my apprenticeship. It was an exhausting 12 hours but we did it and had a wonderful dinner together.

Most pictures (memories) were taken without a camera, although the paparazzi got me in another thread, but here are a few.

This was truly one of the most amazing camping stays I've had. I highly recommend booking a week minimum at @Deer Springs RV Park wonderful campground and meet amazing owners and enjoy a spectacular location.

View attachment 15424
View attachment 15423
You are spot on with your review. We enjoyed our stay, a very relaxing place.

Check six @Jim

Video available in 4K if you can stream it. Click the gear on lower right and change resolution to highest. View FULL SCREEN.

Jim is flying the DJI FPV

I'm flying the DJI Avata

I highly recommend wearing ear buds or headphones while watching this video for the full effect.

Yeah, she's just not sure about that thing! :)

DSCN9824.JPG

Awesome burst of speed at the end. At the time, I thought to myself, how the hell did that thing come up on me so fast!!!

Nice video @Neal. It means more to me than to others I'm sure, simply because I was flying one of the drones. But that aside, really cool footage!

Check six @Jim

Video available in 4K if you can stream it. Click the gear on lower right and change resolution to highest. View FULL SCREEN.

Jim is flying the DJI FPV

I'm flying the DJI Avata

I highly recommend wearing ear buds or headphones while watching this video for the full effect.

I forgot to mention when watching this video I recommend wearing ear buds or headphones to get the full effect. Neat sounds.

Latest resources

Back