• Commercial/Vendors welcome

DEF, is one brand better that another?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I've hear all the same stories about Walmart DEF being purchased and then returned with water. Not one of the posts I read was from someone who actually experienced this issue. I check the jug seals when I put them in the cart and test the fluid before adding it to the tank. I always keep one spare jug in the basement just in case I have issues finding a Walmart (or other store) with DEF. Many stores were sold out a few years ago, but I haven't experienced any issues recently.

I've hear all the same stories about Walmart DEF being purchased and then returned with water. Not one of the posts I read was from someone who actually experienced this issue. I check the jug seals when I put them in the cart and test the fluid before adding it to the tank. I always keep one spare jug in the basement just in case I have issues finding a Walmart (or other store) with DEF. Many stores were sold out a few years ago, but I haven't experienced any issues recently.
100 % agree.

I kinda feel it was an urban legend…

Could very well be urban folklore and its hard to imagine someone going to that much trouble to save 12 bucks, but then there are people like that out there and if any point of sale was likely to be to source of these stories, Walmart would a likely suspect. I don’t worry about it but I do check the seals.

Latest resources

Back