Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

lmayhall

RVF Regular
I recently bought a 2006 keystone 30 ft travel trailer with major delamination on the front. I had no clue what it was. The inside is in great shape. We didn't see any water damage or feel any soft spots. I got it for my daughter to live in for a year. How long do you think this trailer will last? I am going to reseal the seals this weekend.
PXL_20230907_132941379.jpg

This video is worst case.

You will need to peel the front off by starting at the corner seals. If you don’t find black mold, some of the epoxy fixes will be enough to make it livable. But you gotta stop the water from coming in.

Rent or buy a moisture meter to be sure of moisture in the wall behind the plastic.

If the moisture is the same as places without the problem, then it may not be moisture that caused the problem.

There aren't any soft spots that I can find inside. Could it last a year or two like this? It will be parked.

There are a number of moisture meters on the market, most prevalent in the marine industry.
Regarding plywood, the surface that needs to be inspected is the surface layer bonded to the fiberglass. Clearly something is going on that bonded surface due to the bubbles.

Here is a sample of a meter testing fiberglass. Not recommending the brand as I have no experience with it.

The plywood inside the front storage area looks brand new.
If you don't have moisture, heat or cold may have caused the glue to let loose.

You are not the only one with this problem. Do what you can to keep the seams well sealed so wind can't get under the plastic and it should be good to go!!! But don't give the wind or rain a chance at it.

Thank you. I will get one today

You are not the only one with this problem. Do what you can to keep the seams well sealed so wind can't get under the plastic and it should be good to go!!! But don't give the wind or rain a chance at it.

Latest resources

Back