• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Desk vs dinette options

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Any chance you can post a picture of this @RandyB ?
The only on-hand photo is this one:
IMG_5352.JPG

The "office" is left of the pull-out table. Under the clock. I can get some more, with table pulled out and so on, if needed.

Additionally, there is a wire pass-through on the buffet top (the black thing in the corner of the photo) and power in the wall below the countertop.

Last edited:
Thank you, @RandyB, nice setup and beautiful coach.

This might be special territory. Delete the passenger side jackknife and add a desk there. We opted for full cabinets but no reason you couldn’t tell Newmar to make it a desk by just deleting that middle cabinet and telling them to convert the other two into drawers. I certainly wish that’s what I’d done.
51C66119-C255-4102-A4E7-B10294678B88.jpeg

I love my desk with buffet dinette. Gonna order it again. Lots of room for printer and scanner underneath pullout for computer. There is also a nice file drawer if you want to use it as such. ?
We have the same desk/dinette combo in our coach. Even though we are not "working" from the coach, we find the computer/printer/file drawer to be great. My MacBook Pro resides on the workstation shelf and a small laser printer lives below it. Works great for us.

TJ

Interesting points of view & discussion.
When ordering our coach, we looked at the different options available; but DW sat in a "Euro-Booth" and loved it! So guess what we ordered!
To us it is very comfortable, when sitting, & she likes to use it like a "chaise" when reading, while I sit on the opposite side & use the computer.
The added storage is significant too!
Oh, and another reason to apply the quote: "Drinks for Six, Dinner for Four, Sleeps TWO"!!;)

In the first picture above, the drawer aft of the table, I had modified to hold my laptop, the cabinet below will take the printer/surge protector, and still have room for our basket of cleaners. It would be wonderful if they designed in a dedicated desk thing for the shorter MH's. Alas, what I have done is workable for a 17" laptop. I will post picture, from which i got the idea. I trimmed the back and sides on top of the flat board with short wood stock to hold Laptop in place going down road. The factory did the work for 230.00. Much better than I could do it with. I provided the wood, they used the old glides, but I keep the original drawer in case we want to put it back to OEM and sell the MH some day.

Attachments

• IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 27
In my opinion, it all comes down to whether you have carpeted slides or not. We had the desk option in our prior Tiffin. It had carpeted slides and I HATED that the chairs were lopsided! 2 legs were on the carpet and 2 legs were on tile! We went with the Booth in our Dutch Star. I like it a lot better...but, I'd maybe consider the desk in a Newmar (Dutch Star or higher) because of the all tile slides.

Yes, I don't like the carpeted area in the slide. Don't feel any difference in height in ours, but no way to keep carpet clean and from spilling coffee on it. But, there is no such thing as the perfect RV, somewhere, and somehow, there are compromises on something to get it as close to what you want. When we ordered ours wanted the different floor plan with fixed front TV, but that one does not come with the all electric option, and I don't want to deal with propane fill ups period, tunnels, etc. So we had to take the 3407, because the other one has a chair right behind the drivers position, which is a waste of space. Ok, not quite true, Marathon will build one for you exactly how you want it, just short couple million for that to happen.

We like the desk with buffet dinette for reasons mentioned above

Latest resources

Back