• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Destroying a Friend

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well it only took 4 months and 4 days to finally get the replacement pistol. It is a G2c 9mm and hopefully I will have the time next week to put a few rounds through it. I will say that it field strips much easier than the pistol it replaced. It also has sights that are adjustable for windage and elevation. I'm a happy camper again.

IMG_1095_1.jpg

Well it only took 4 months and 4 days to finally get the replacement pistol. It is a G2c 9mm and hopefully I will have the time next week to put a few rounds through it. I will say that it field strips much easier than the pistol it replaced. It also has sights that are adjustable for windage and elevation. I'm a happy camper again.

View attachment 7592
A man and his gun… better than “a boy and his dog” any day of the week. Enjoy your new old friend

I spend two tours in Vietnam before I retired from the Army. 16 1/2 year in Police work. Here is my take on gun's. A gun is made with one purpose and that is to kill. We as American's have a Constitutional Amendment #2. Most every state allows some sort of concealed carry or open carry. Choosing to do either comes with a great responsibility. One of with is to make sure your weapon works properly. If it is defective in any way, especially a discharge from dropping it then it should be destroyed. If it ever dropped and discharged and killed are wounded some one that would be a hard thing to live with. I carry every day and so does my wife. It is for our protection and that of others. After posting this I noticed your post. A big congrats on the new pistol and a plus for Taurus for stepping up to the plate.

Glad you finally got your gun replaced. I have a Taurus .38 revolver that I keep in my truck just in case I need it. I travel with my job so I'm always in unfamiliar places and cities and exits getting gas and making sales calls. You never know what you're going to run into nowadays. I also keep a S&W M&P Shield 9mm in my suitcase so I'll have one in my hotel room too. I actually needed that one night. Good thing I had it too. ;) A guy posing as a maintenance man tried to enter my room, pushing past me when I opened my door. I stuck the gun to his head and asked him what he needed and he yelled "I GOT THE WRONG ROOM!!!!" as he ran down the hall. I think it was actually a drug delivery and he really did have the wrong room. :ROFLMAO:

While I use the new G2c for home and RV defense, I now have a new concealed carry pistol. My original carry pistol was a Colt Mustang Pocketlite and I have now replaced it with a Ruger LCP MAX. The MAX has a higher magazine capacity, it's lighter (with 12 rounds and the pocket holster it weighs a hair less than 16 ounces), and it has much better sights. Here are a couple of pictures of my old carry and my new carry. I conceal carry because at 76 years of age, I know I look like a potential victim to a human predator. FYI, when traveling in the RV it's important to know the gun laws of the states you will be visiting. I live in MO and it's a very gun friendly state.

IMG_0955_1.jpg

IMG_1272_1.jpg

Latest resources

Back