• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Diesel Fuel

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
When gasoline was first being produced, the only need for the by-product was heating oil. In fact, most farm tractors were built to start on gasoline and then you could switch over to kerosene or what ever crap was cheaper. Fast forward 100 years and after "educating" the public what a BTU was and that diesel has more of them than gasoline, Boom! Now you can charge more. See?

Something to plan for?

The United States is down to 25 days of diesel supply as a top White House official declared the stockpile levels to be “unacceptably low.”

Data provided by the Energy Information Administration (EIA) show that diesel stockpiles are at their lowest level for October in records that date back to 1993, according to a Bloomberg News analysis. EIA data show that the United States, as of Oct. 14, has 25.4 days of supply—down from 34.2 days of supply four weeks prior.

Please keep politics off the forum, we come here for peace and joy of our RV lifestyle which is escaping the madness of THAT. As to the diesel, it's out of our control. Keep RVing and living the great lifestyle. If you feel the need the plan accordingly checking on fuel availability. Instead of worry about diesel divert the energy in what you can do amazing today to enjoy your destination.

Please keep politics off the forum, we come here for peace and joy of our RV lifestyle which is escaping the madness of THAT. As to the diesel, it's out of our control. Keep RVing and living the great lifestyle. If you feel the need the plan accordingly checking on fuel availability. Instead of worry about diesel divert the energy in what you can do amazing today to enjoy your destination.
Oops sorry

My brother worked in chemical companies for 33 years. The product that they could not give away was.....propane. Look at what they are charging now for free by product.

My brother worked in chemical companies for 33 years. The product that they could not give away was.....propane. Look at what they are charging now for free by product.
I've driven by many refineries over the years. The flame you see coming out of the stacks is propane. They generate so much that they run out of storage capacity.

I've driven by many refineries over the years. The flame you see coming out of the stacks is propane. They generate so much that they run out of storage capacity.
But it is over $3.25 a gallon here in Tenn. right now.

Never had that issue at the refineries I worked at, though we did sometimes have to flare it on hot summer days due to high pressure in the storage bullets or if it was off spec due to water.

Latest resources

Back