• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Differences between the 2021 Essex and London Aire

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Cat6 cabling is standard in dutchstar for the av.

What is the bladder tank? Never heard of this.

Last edited:
Solid effort! Thanks!

Cat6 cabling is standard in dutchstar for the av.

What is the bladder tank? Never heard of this.
I’ll make that change on the Cat6. (I was actually just gonna delete that column, but left it in just as a reference...aka “reality check”!)

The Bladder Tank has been on the EX and KA for several years from what I’ve found. It works by filling a bladder inside a air-pressurized (Very low psi) tank that looks like a small propane tank filled.

The water from the bladder tank supplements and stabilizes the coach’s water flow/pressure rather than having that surging or erratic flow produced by the water pump or crumby city supply ESPECIALLY when something else uses water at the same time, ie shower, flushing, washer, etc.

Oh..i am familiar with the pressure tank setup, as my property is on a well. Never thought about that for an RV, but that is a true luxury item, and one that I would be very happy with.

Nice job pulling this together.

One more question, it mentions off door side led light. I assume this is the security/scare light.

I have an led bulb in an incandescent housing on both sides. The door light at top entry is also an led, but again looks like an led bulb in an incandescent housing.

How does Essex differ?

Oh..i am familiar with the pressure tank setup, as my property is on a well. Never thought about that for an RV, but that is a true luxury item, and one that I would be very happy with.

Nice job pulling this together.

One more question, it mentions off door side led light. I assume this is the security/scare light.

I have an led bulb in an incandescent housing on both sides. The door light at top entry is also an led, but again looks like an led bulb in an incandescent housing.

How does Essex differ?

Thanks, Ronnie.

Newmar has gotten rid of pretty much all of the incandescent bulbs; thank goodness. And, they've added LED lighting strips in some cabinets such as the electrical bay under the driver window.

The Essex and LA have the option of adding LED light strips under the OFF-DOOR SIDE slide-out. I added this line item as a differentiation from the Dutch Star.

I repost an updated list.

I've updated and replaced the list for ya'll.
Thanks for the additions/corrections.
A conversation with @Dutch Star Don prompted me to add TORQUE:WEIGHT ratios, as well as put the Mountain Aire calc's in there as a reference.

Latest resources

Back