Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CaptainGizmo

RVF Expert
SoCal...relax, we're one of the good ones! ;-)
RV Year
RV Make
Newell
RV Model
2020P
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor w/AF1 Braking
Fulltimer
No
A while back, @Neal posed a question as to what the differences were between the LA and EX models; and whether or not the bump in price is worth it.

Aside from the usual statement that the Essex is a more "Elegant or Contemporary" decor, whereas the LA is more in the Traditional line, there are a lot of other differences. Do the costs total up to the difference in MSRP? Well, probably not...but that's what lures us into the "model separation" dilemma. Speaking of which, I've been informed that all the KING AIRE features can be "Specialed"down to the lower models, EXCEPT for the floor...bummer.

All this said...I set out to do what I do...build comparison matrices. This gives me an "At a glance" view of the 2 models. I also put the Dutch Star in a column for reference; since I own a 2019.

The features that are in the EX that are standard, or can't be had in the LA (or DS), are highlighted in yellow.

Don't beat me up if there are some omissions...it's not easy to gather and decipher this info. And, yes, there are a handful of nuances that I didn't include just because they're incidental in my opinion. For example, I don't describe exactly WHERE all the LED lighting is placed in the ceiling and woodwork, or the glass inserts on the EX wall.

I hope you find this helpful!

Attachments

• Newmar Comparision 2020_08_07.pdf
    144.2 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Nice job and good info. I heard they changed their mind and are letting the KA floors be optioned into any of the other coaches. I think the dealers complained as this really helped sales.

Nice breakdown; thanks. The only "improvement" (a self serving one ;)) would have been the inclusion of the Mountain Aire along with the Dutch Star.:rolleyes:

TJ

Nice breakdown; thanks. The only "improvement" (a self serving one ;)) would have been the inclusion of the Mountain Aire along with the Dutch Star.:rolleyes:

TJ
Yeah TJ...I know. Alas, I’ve convinced myself to get the 605HP for better pulling up all our mountains. ?

And ask for opening windows. Have seen few LA and MA without a single opening window, except a small driver side sliding one.

Nice job and good info. I heard they changed their mind and are letting the KA floors be optioned into any of the other coaches. I think the dealers complained as this really helped sales.
We orderd KA floor tile on our 2018. Just did not want high gloss floor tile and in 18, the only mat finish tile available was the KA line tile.

We have King Aire floor tile in our New Aire, too...

Right. I know... I have the KA matte flooring in our 2019 DS as well and love it. I wanted to keep this post and my Matrix specific to the Standard Features that differentiate the EX from the LA and not get side-tracked with all the “Specials”.

I’ll keep fine tuning my sheet for us as I continue to find new info or errors.

Thanks all.

Dsdp does get the cut and buff, but it is only a 2 step.

Ma and la get additional
Essex even more
King aire gets more still.

Dsdp does get the cut and buff, but it is only a 2 step.

Ma and la get additional
Essex even more
King aire gets more still.

hmm, ok. Same as the LA then. Ok...change made. Thanks!

Latest resources

Back