• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Dinette Delete?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That is commendable! Hopefully you will send some pictures our way! I started with something that had little resale value. That made me decisions for that path much easier! Just wondering what you started with.
We started with a 2002 monaco la palma in 2018. We gutted it and totally remodeled (we
Left the shower fridge and walls).

We replaced our dinette with a table and two chairs. We replaced the sleeper sofa with a loveseat. In doing these two mods, we have dropped our sleeping capability to three people.
This will likely hurt resale/trade-in, but we decided that our comfort and ease of use is more important than what we “may” be able to sell. We don’t plan on replacing this MH and we have never had an overnight guest.

Also pulled out the dinette in favor of a small dining table and chairs. Lost the conforming look of the upholstery and woodwork, but gained in functionality for my wife and I. It can seat 4 with a leaf, and we kept the two Newmar folding chairs that came with it, still haven't used them with the new table though.

I guess I should have added we also pulled the primary couch and replaced with 2 Lazy Boys and a small lamp stand in between, and ditched the opposite couch with inflatable mattress (sleeping capability) for a tv stand that serves as storage and pantry usage and added a hand built televator behind that. Kind of completely blew up the original layout and consistent plush furniture and woodwork look of the factory high end 2009 King Aire coach, but gained a ton of personal preference livability for my wife and I, even though it now looks kind of like a college dorm themed decor. (Not much matches any more). Basically we threw out the whole concept of resale value versus what works for us right now to live in comfortably. Not for the faint of heart I will be the first to admit, but so far is working for us. Personally I chose to believe it was the right decision for us in the present versus "we may take it in the shorts" if we ever try to sell the coach to someone else in the future. As we are full timing versus occasional or seasonal vacation usage I think the remodel options have to be thought through individually depending on what your long term/short term goals are for a coach and how long you plan to use it for either its current usage or what you may intend to use it or sell it for in the future.
My 2 cents

Scott

We will be replacing our dinette with one that will allow more office functionality. And today, Trish asked me what I thought about replacing it completely and installing a desk and office setup instead. On one hand, that would certainly make

my life much easier, but giving up any chance of a group dinner setting could be problematic. Also, wondering what it would do with respect to resell value?
I remodeled our motorhome inside front to back, after seeing the table and chairs setup, we are glad we kept the booth. We can put a pillow against the wall, lean back and lounge and watch TV from there as well and, turns into a bed for the grandkids. If needed the table if plenty big enough to work off of if I have to

Latest resources

Back