• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Dish Issue

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
GOT IT WORKING!! Woo Hoo! I contacted the seller about warranty and they gave me the names of two warranty places. One was an RV dealer and the other (closer) is a TV and satellite repair place. I tried the RV place first since the seller said they would swap antennas, but they wanted me to leave a message and they would call me back. I called the TV place and the owner answered the phone. Shout out to Dan's TV and Satellite in Port Townsend, Washington!! Anyhow, he had me plug it in and withing five minutes it was functioning! He said that in order to make it function you need to have it UNPLUGGED when you set the primary wally up. Once you have that done and a picture on the main TV go ahead and plug in the secondary wally and DO NOT try to set it up. Just allow it to 'do its thing' and it will set itself up. Did that and it works! Now i'm waiting for Dan to call me back with a price and availability of a new TV.......

Great to hear! Enjoy!

Whew! Don't you just love the "customer service" of a lot of companies nowadays??? :rolleyes:

Excellent! Glad you got it working but sorry for the pain you experienced to get there. Thanks for sharing the solution it's likely to help others down the road.

I even managed to save $500 or so on a new tv! The tv guy said it was probably a loose connection and tap on the tv to confirm. Yep, when I tapped it there was a bright flash on the screen. Took the back off and found the plug that supplies the screen was a little crooked. Reseated it and it now works like it should!!
Oh, still nothing from King........

WELL, CRAP...... this issue is not resolved.Same problem. Last night I did a reset on it that resets the receiver back to factory default settings. It did its thing and voila..... It works. This morning I turned it on and it worked. An hour later it didn't. No signal.
I FINALLY got a call back from King. It took from Saturday to today to get a call back. they had me try a couple of things and the result was no signal. Their response is "Send it to us at your expense and we will see IF there is anything wrong". That sounds like a real good way to void warranty repairs because I have no way to verify what they do to check.
I called a local TV and Satellite repair place to get someone here to diagnose things (at my expense) so that I can have some concrete diagnostics. We'll see....... I am so frustrated.......

Well, I guess now this thread can be marked 'resolved'. I had a guy stop by and he said my issue was that the secondary receiver was not 'smart enough' to determine that the primary receiver had switched satellites. There are two different fixes for it. One is to test the switch every time it is going to be used (about a 5 to 10 minute process) then only watch what is on that particular satellite until the primary switches satellites and do the switch test again, or buy another satellite antenna. Wife decided that another antenna was the way to go, so $450 later (service call and antenna) it will be fixed on Monday when the new antenna is delivered. That would make each receiver a primary on its own antenna.

Latest resources

Back