Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
So you changed your oil, for me it was my Onan GEN. I never change my oil in my cars, etc. but with the RV I started doing a lot of the maintenance items myself. So now that I have the oil from the GEN, what do I do with it? I can't seem to find a place to take it.

Auto stores. Autozone, Advanced Auto, etc. Some counties have hazardous waste disposal sites that take it. Most all have rules on how much, type of container and whether they’ll take the container too.

So you changed your oil, for me it was my Onan GEN. I never change my oil in my cars, etc. but with the RV I started doing a lot of the maintenance items myself. So now that I have the oil from the GEN, what do I do with it? I can't seem to find a place to take it.
That's the reason I have a service outfit change mine; the ISX 12 holds 32 quarts. In today's oil glut situation, there may not be much of a market for recycled oil.

@RandyB had some good suggestions. Another thing you can try is to find a local heavy construction outfit that maintains a lot of its own equipment and see if they will add it to their disposal tank. Those guys usually have a contract disposal setup with a recycler.

TJ

I did change the oil on my engine, generator and both cars. Take the big container to Advanced Auto, and dump it in their used oil tank. No problem.

I use it along my fence lines to help keep weeds down.

Luckily the local county trash Convenience Center accepts waste oil. The Convenience Center does not ask for any type of residency proof.

Red Baron, I would not advertise it. The tree huggers may go after you for dumping oil in the ground?

Where did it come from? Esp in Texas?? :)

Red Baron, I would not advertise it. The tree huggers may go after you for dumping oil in the ground?
This is texas - we call it tea.

Actually, all the farmers out here do the same thing. Maintains fence lines much easier. Once a year we mix a bit of diesel with it and set it on fire. The only time the county boys get upset is when we get too close to a water source, or the one time I burned a load of railroad logs. I had no idea how long that thing would burn and how much smoke that would make. Wouldn't have been such a big deal except we where in the middle of a burn ban. I had dug a 10 foot deep pit and set it all on fire, but that thing sure did advertise my location!

This is texas - we call it tea.

Actually, all the farmers out here do the same thing. Maintains fence lines much easier. Once a year we mix a bit of diesel with it and set it on fire. The only time the county boys get upset is when we get too close to a water source, or the one time I burned a load of railroad logs. I had no idea how long that thing would burn and how much smoke that would make. Wouldn't have been such a big deal except we where in the middle of a burn ban. I had dug a 10 foot deep pit and set it all on fire, but that thing sure did advertise my location!
We used to do that in the farming areas around Fresno......but that was a long, long time ago. I’m surprised it is still practiced.
My local auto repair shop let’s me take waste oil to his shop and add it to his waste tank.

Latest resources

Back