Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Do you carry a screened in tent?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I see screened in tents at times, sometimes I consider getting one, sometimes not. Not a fan of bugs and I don't leave my coach to sit on the patio as much as others which I need to improve. How many have a screened in tent, consider one, used one, etc. etc.?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00339C3FA/?tag=rvf01-20

screened-canopy-tent.png

My thoughts - Great concept and I almost bought one. The roof in the one you link to is not waterproof and the seams leak to the point you won't want to sit in it when raining. The sides are screens but very restrictive, that light breeze that feels so good a hot day doesn't penetrate the screen.

We don’t carry one but did consider for our trip to Alaska. Our travel partners had the one below so decided we didn’t need to purchase, we could share theirs. It was good quality and easy setup. Also claims to have no see’em mesh which could be beneficial.

Attachments

• 729D6B14-D7B4-405E-A0E0-D2B0D71F548B.png
    729D6B14-D7B4-405E-A0E0-D2B0D71F548B.png
    840.2 KB · Views: 36
I’ve thought about it but we don’t stay anywhere long enough for me to consider it worth putting up.

Water resistant, not water proof. We bought this when we had our first motor home. It's held up well. Pretty hot in the summer so we take a box fan, great in the cooler months though.

Stupid simple to set up. One man can "pop it open" in a couple of minutes.

DSC00963.JPG

DSC00968.JPG

DSC01004.JPG

DSC00980.JPG

Amazon link for the Gazelle
Amazon link for the 3 pack, tent wind panels

Attachments

• DSC00963.JPG
    DSC00963.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 14
  • DSC01004.JPG
    DSC01004.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 14
  • DSC01004.JPG
    DSC01004.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Okay, I went ahead and ordered the one I linked per @NWIP above. Hope it gets me out of the coach as I hate bugs. Some may wonder where I’m going to store it. Well, I just bought 7 airline luggage carts at the airport as they were having a fire sale. I have tons of storage behind the toad now!!!

Some may wonder where I’m going to store it. Well, I just bought 7 airline luggage carts at the airport as they were having a fire sale. I have tons of storage behind the toad now!!!
You could have just bought some heavy duty caster wheels and attached one to the bottom of each post. Then you could just roll it into place when you get there.

Never been a fan of a screen room or the pop up canopy. Tried a decent canopy so we would have a nice shaded place to park the Harley during the day. Strong unexpected storm hit while we were gone and damaged it.

I am one of those people that if there is one bug and 1,000 people it will bite me. If I sit out after dark or walk after dark I use a dryer sheet to wipe my exposed body parts and that usually does it. If just sitting on the patio sometimes we will turn on a fan to help keep anything from biting us.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back