DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
Do you use them? I think mine have been used maybe three times in my driveway or garage. I haven’t really found a use for them on the road.

I wish they were available on the BayStars. I often have a horrible time trying to see backing into my driveway. I must put the tires about two inches from the edge of the pavement, while avoiding obstacles beyond it. Between glare in the passenger side mirror, shadows or dark, it can be quite a challenge.

I use them when it’s dark out and I need to run out to get something out of one of the driver’s side compartments. I have lights under the passenger side slideout that provides plenty of light, but no lighting, other than the docking lights, on the drivers side.

I do plan on installing LED lights under the coach to provide a more subtle lighting of the area all around the coach. That will eliminate the need for using the docking lights.

I am still livid with Newmar every time I read it hear the word docking lights. Not selecting the option for “Recessed Docking Lights” means no docking lights at all. Why didn’t they just call the option “Docking Lights”.

I’ve been in a few situations where they would have been nice to have.

I turned ours on once to see if they worked, which they did. I usually don't drive after 3 or 4pm, once I had a breakdown that kept me from arriving at the CG until 830p, just before sun down.

Do you use them? I think mine have been used maybe three times in my driveway or garage. I haven’t really found a use for them on the road.
"Docking lights?" According to the 2018 Newmar Mountain Aire brochure, we have them. Who knew? :ROFLMAO: Certainly not me, but we rarely travel after dark.

I'm gonna go out after breakfast and look. ;) If I find them, I guess I'll need to find the switch that activates them too. :rolleyes:

TJ

"Docking lights?" According to the 2018 Newmar Mountain Aire brochure, we have them. Who knew? :ROFLMAO: Certainly not me, but we rarely travel after dark.

I'm gonna go out after breakfast and look. ;) If I find them, I guess I'll need to find the switch that activates them too. :rolleyes:

TJ

The lights are a few inches behind the front tire and a few inches in front of the rear tires. Round. The switch is up front along with the buttons for the day shades.

IMG_5823.jpg

Old rigg, no docking lights. Wouldn't use em if I had em. I use daylight, no night time parking.

From my sailing days, I don't come into port when I can't see it all. That after all is what Walmart is for.
In the good old days, I would slow down, and take a morning trip into port, much less danger.

Just a suggest, If you must park after dark. Use a backup camera, tail lights are all you need to see everything.

I use them more for lighting the area around the camoground at night than for actual parking.

I like how the lights are low enough to light the ground but not so high as to disturb neighbors.

Very useful when doing wetbay activities in the middle of the night, and you need to see the terrain

Latest resources

Back