Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Does anyone know where I can get an evaporator core for a 2005 Coachmen Aurora

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Greg074

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Aurora
RV Length
35 Ft.
Chassis
F53 Stripped chasis
Engine
Triton v-10 6.8L gas
I have looked everywhere I can think of but can't find this part. Coachmen (Forest River) has not responded so I don't think that they are going to be any help. I need a part number of something that will let me order this part and get my coach back on the road again. Been down since June. Please help if you can.

You might try some of the Coachmen dealers while you are waiting for the company. They may have some insight or at least better connections at the factory.

I have talked to several dealers and they all say pretty much the same thing: "We don't do any work on the chassis". Although the evaporator core is something that was installed by Coachmen during manufacturing of the RV. One of them provided me with the name of the repair facility that they use for chassis work but when I talked to them, they couldn't/wouldn't help me with this. The one exception was the Wayne in the parts department at Greg Escape RV's. He was not able to find the part but still offered to try to contact Coachmen for me to get the information that I needed.

Follow-Up:
Just heard from Coachmen/Forest River and they say that they did not receive and information of previous models prior to Forest River purchasing Coachmen in 2009. Coachmen/Georgia Boy Mfg. was subsequently purchased by HIG in Florida. HIG (Consolidated Leisure / Coachmen Industries / Georgie Boy Mfg.) has apparently gone out of business since then.

Follow-Up:
Just heard from Coachmen/Forest River and they say that they did not receive and information of previous models prior to Forest River purchasing Coachmen in 2009. Coachmen/Georgia Boy Mfg. was subsequently purchased by HIG in Florida. HIG (Consolidated Leisure / Coachmen Industries / Georgie Boy Mfg.) has apparently gone out of

Follow-Up:
Just heard from Coachmen/Forest River and they say that they did not receive and information of previous models prior to Forest River purchasing Coachmen in 2009. Coachmen/Georgia Boy Mfg. was subsequently purchased by HIG in Florida. HIG (Consolidated Leisure / Coachmen Industries / Georgie Boy Mfg.) has apparently gone out of business since then.
What brand and model is your chassis?

Follow-Up:
Can you take a picture of the core and let me know what model of chassis you have. There are sever places online that sell the core but will need a picture to make sure.

Can you take a picture of the core and let me know what model of chassis you have. There are sever places online that sell the core but will need a picture to make sure.
I have a Ford F53 chassis. I have attached pics. for you.

Attachments

• IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0697.jpg
    IMG_0697.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0698.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 2
I wasn't expecting one so thick looking. What does this core go to and cool? If it's the A/C I found some that fits an 04 F53.

Also, do you know what year your chassis is 04 or 06. They are generally a year older than the MH sometime the same year

According to Ford this will fit the 04 F53 Stripped chassis. Ford doesn't show an F53 for 2005, only for 04 and 06. Both use this one, Part #: YK229. if it's not for the A/C I have no idea.

Attachments

• 156950.jpg
    156950.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 156952.jpg
    156952.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest resources

Back