Canyon Star 3205
RV Length
Chassis
Workhorse w20
Engine
8.1 L Vortec
Fulltimer
No
So today I decided to repair a small chip in our windshield. I've watched various "how to" videos and feel pretty confident. The first thing to do, they all say, is clean the windshield. I look up at that big piece of glass and start to really see how dirty it is. I hadn't washed the coach since our last trip (two weeks ago) and the whole thing was filthy. My mind goes to "why not just wash the whole thing". Then my eyes fix on the metal grill in front of me (it's a gasser). I've considered painting it ever since our purchase over a year ago. I'll just take it off, I murmur. An hour later I get the last rusted self tapping screw out of the fiberglass surround. The grill certainly needs a "re-do". So I fill the wash bucket and the extension pole and begin my washing routine. Two hours later I finish up.

Out of the corner of my eye I see the chip in the windshield. Hmmm, maybe I'll get to that tomorrow. The problem is, I've got another project now...the grill. I need to try to match the paint. I like the idea of painting it a coach color rather than chrome color (silver). So after four hours messing with the coach, I didn't accomplish what I set out to do. Seems to happen to me often...I'm thinking of dying my hair blonde. The chip will have to wait.

So today I decided to repair a small chip in our windshield. I've watched various "how to" videos and feel pretty confident. The first thing to do, they all say, is clean the windshield. I look up at that big piece of glass and start to really see how dirty it is. I hadn't washed the coach since our last trip (two weeks ago) and the whole thing was filthy. My mind goes to "why not just wash the whole thing". Then my eyes fix on the metal grill in front of me (it's a gasser). I've considered painting it ever since our purchase over a year ago. I'll just take it off, I murmur. An hour later I get the last rusted self tapping screw out of the fiberglass surround. The grill certainly needs a "re-do". So I fill the wash bucket and the extension pole and begin my washing routine. Two hours later I finish up.

Out of the corner of my eye I see the chip in the windshield. Hmmm, maybe I'll get to that tomorrow. The problem is, I've got another project now...the grill. I need to try to match the paint. I like the idea of painting it a coach color rather than chrome color (silver). So after four hours messing with the coach, I didn't accomplish what I set out to do. Seems to happen to me often...I'm thinking of dying my hair blonde. The chip will have to wait.
No, you are not the only. I draw your attention to my previous post . . .

I hope I'm not the only one. . . :-)

By the time I get that distracted, I will have forgotten about the chip. "Now, how'd I get here, and why am I here?"?

HUMmmm, Maybe my next project is to dye my hair brown so I can quit being distracted.

I can bumble around the shop and backyard for hours. Come back in and my wife might say something like "I thought you were going out to mow the grass?" To which I will reply: "Well, I got distracted." And reel off a long list of dead battery, flat tire, blade sharpening, fallen tree branch, loose roof tile, blah, blah. Most things I do are like that. Seriously. It's amazing how much stuff I can get done that aren't even what I set out to do to start with.

Yes, and frankly I'm glad. As a young man my life was filled with obligations, commitments, and deadlines; now, not so much. I enjoy the fact that I have more time to do what I want to, put off what I don't want to do and general reprioritize on the fly. I still work for a living (a few more years), but my family is grown and gone. While I miss them, there are things I don't miss - and have-to is one of them.

HUMmmm, Maybe my next project is to dye my hair brown so I can quit being distracted.
It doesn't work and in my case I ruined several pillow cases. I guess the dye did not want to stay on my hair. So, I concluded wisdom only comes with time. Perhaps the white hair is evidence of all of the wisdom I have gathered over the years. Why hide it?

Besides, it is a joy to enjoy distractions and not miss any deadlines. Time for another cup. :coffee:

You just have to prioritize. Butterflies or squirrels today?

Latest resources

Back