Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Dog bags! You know, for that joyous part of ownership...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I buy 2 gallon trash bags (usually in boxes of 2000) and I'm good for a few years. I roll them into mini rolls of 5 bags each. I also use these same bags as trash bin liners for the small flip top lid food canisters that I use a mini trash bins in the bathrooms, Jeep, truck cab, truck camper, galley (for prepwork) and bedroom - they are great for tissues when the allergies take over. They are usually thin but they are tough enough to hold the (40lb) dog's poop (Galgo aka Spanish Greyhound). They also hold up as a mini trash bin liner. I buy these bags from restaurant supply stores and/or Amazon. I've been buying them for decades and they have worked with all our dogs and cats.

I rarely get plastic shopping bags from the grocery store. The grocery bags I've gotten tend to have holes in the bottom seams. I don't like them so I use my own bags or none at all. I usually leave all my groceries in the shopping basket and load them into the bags that I leave in the truck camper.

What I hate is when you can’t get the dang bag opened without wetting your fingers. Especially difficult when you only have one free hand as the pup is pulling you onward!

Has anyone tried to train their dog to pick up after itself???

Has anyone tried to train their dog to pick up after itself???
So, ya. Ummm. We had a Schipperke a long time ago. We didn't train it to pick up after itself. For some reason, the breed is a bit strange in this regard. We had to be very quick so that WE could clean up after him. It is not a common breed and we discovered why. We went back to poodles real quick.

Darrell

Okay, important one here...I have to say the poop bags Amazon offers are the best. They are thicker/larger as I hate the thin gross ones. So if you have not tried the Amazon poop bags, I suggest giving these a try. Oh, if you don't have a dog, this post is not for you, I hope!

Amazon product ASIN B00NABTC8M
I’ve been using them for years now. Great bag!!

Everywhere I go they give me a plastic bag. Walmart, convenience store, dollar general, liquor store, Have plastic bags running out of my ears for free.

We use those. Have a bin by the motorhome door full of them.
+1. Walmart bags are quite handy

Latest resources

Back