• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ray16016

RVF Newbee
Good Evening,
We will be traveling out west (SD, MT, WY, CO) this summer. We have a 2016 26' Winnebago Minnie travel trailer. We have used it on approximately 20-25 nights camping thus far, all in New England. We also have a 35 lb. Labradoodle (Charlie) that travels with us. My questions deal with traveling to those states out west. First, we have a Dometic 13,500 BTU air conditioner that came with the T.T. Would it be a good idea to increase the size to a 15,000 for a summer trip out west? Secondly, Charlie cannot go into all the places we want to visit during the summer, some places we have booked a doggie daycare, but for shorter periods of time we will leave him in the T.T. with the air on, but I want to be able to monitor the temperature inside the T.T. and whether or not he is comfortable and not barking. He seldom barks but I want to know if he does. What types of technology do you recommend for temp checks and video for watching/listening to him while we are gone for a few hours at a time?
Thank you from New Hampshire
Ray

I'm not sure you'd see much difference but that is an expensive option. If you need to replace the unit you could consider options but it should be sized to cool your RV as designed. Just make sure to stay ahead of the temps drawing shades down, cooling off early as it's hard to catch up once hot, and using a temp monitor of your choosing, I use the one below.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HH7YD2Y/?tag=rvf01-20

Latest resources

Back