RV Length
23.75 feet
Chassis
Ford Transit 350HD
Engine
3.7 liter V6
Fulltimer
No
Is anyone successfully fit a Dometic 310 in their Freelander 20CB ? 310 is 1.5 inches deeper than the 300 and measuring available depth in a 20CB is difficult since the toilet is installed in the corner. Otherwise, I'll need to fit a 300 again. I'm also wondering if Dometic fixed the bad odor issue with the 300 as they are still offering this option if the 310 won't fit. It would be a shame if they do while the 300 is still a problem isn't it ?

Best

I recall reading on some forum that a person had attempted to replace the 300 with 310 and wasn’t able to do it because of the slight difference you mentioned. It was in a 20CB. It was awhile ago and I don’t recall which forum. I took a mental note because I wanted to do the same in my Orion 20CB.

Having said that, the quality control of the coachmen isn’t very good and maybe there’s enough difference between each build that something like this could work in one unit but not another. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We replaced the plastic Dometic 300 with a porcelain Dometic 310. I didn't find any issues with the form, fit, or function. I understand they have the same footprint. However, the 320 is different and does require more front-to-back space.

Our TT is a Wildwood X-Lite 253 RLXL so there may more likely be a difference in yours.

Bob

Here are some news. I validated minimal 10 inches clearance with the corner installation in my 20CB by leveling the RV and using a plumb bob pointing the center of the waste valve.

Conclusion: 9 inches to the left corner wall, and 9.5 inches to the right. Even with some error tolerance, a 310 won't fit in any Coachmen 20CB model.

There is still hope for the 300 inner leak issue. Dometic has back ordered it to get it fixed however, there is no ETA. For the impatients, there is a DIY hack on YouTube that consists of disassembling the inner and outer bowl parts and augment the sealing with a lot of silicone and reassemble. Will be patient for now.

Ours cracked in three places. I tried several means to repair it after the fact; JB Weld, epoxy with fabric, and Eastman 911. None of these held. I'm sure the movement of the trailer and an occasional 200+ lb butt hitting it didn't add to any longevity as to the repairs. Seems that the plastic flexes too much which caused the cracking in the first place. I'm sure there is some type of glue or repair method but I'm not apprized of such. My solution was to replace it with a 310 which fits and is much nicer.

Bob

Here are some news. I validated minimal 10 inches clearance with the corner installation in my 20CB by leveling the RV and using a plumb bob pointing the center of the waste valve.

Conclusion: 9 inches to the left corner wall, and 9.5 inches to the right. Even with some error tolerance, a 310 won't fit in any Coachmen 20CB model.

There is still hope for the 300 inner leak issue. Dometic has back ordered it to get it fixed however, there is no ETA. For the impatients, there is a DIY hack on YouTube that consists of disassembling the inner and outer bowl parts and augment the sealing with a lot of silicone and reassemble. Will be patient for now.
That’s disappointing. I wonder how much variation there might be from one build to another. The 20CB doesn’t appear to be well built, unfortunately

Latest resources

Back