Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Me_again

RVF Regular
Have a dometic DM2862 fridge and had the cooling unit replaced about a few weeks ago. The shore power works great, however, once the fridge goes to gas, there is no cooling. The burner ignites and i can see and hear it engage but there's no cooling. The repair guy came out and said it was the circuit board, replaced it yesterday and still the same issue.

The stuff I find online generally is from debri. I doubt this is an issue due to the cooling unit being replaced. the slight caveat though is, the unit shipped with no silver baffle looking thing (big tube along right side of fridge). So the repair guy took one off a customers replacement and used it on mine. Not sure what the silver baffle looking thing is, but if it cools on power I'm assuming cooling works and it's not the reason why the gas isn't working,

Any suggestions? TIA

So I purchased a gas solenoid valve, will have it tomorrow and (crossing fingers) it works. Wil report back next week with the results.

Still open to suggestions.

So finally got it working.
After many different parts thrown at it... new circuit board, gas solenoid and gas jet. The RV installer of the new cooling unit never put in the spiral baffle.
I pulled the fridge out myself, installed the baffle and it works on gas again.

So finally got it working.
After many different parts thrown at it... new circuit board, gas solenoid and gas jet. The RV installer of the new cooling unit never put in the spiral baffle.
I pulled the fridge out myself, installed the baffle and it works on gas again.
☝ Good

Latest resources

Back