Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

dralkyr

RVF Regular
Woke up in the middle of the night to find that our second trailer was cold. Turns out the furnace was off and, try as I might, I couldn't get it to come back. The trailer was connected to AC power, the lights worked, the AC outlets worked, and the gas stove worked. But the furnace wouldn't even try. That is, when I turned the furnace On nothing happened at all. The blower didn't start, there were no clicks, there was no rush of gas... nothing.
This morning I tried it again and and started right up. But I would like to trust that tonight it won't die on me again.

I had trouble with my 2021 Keystone Raptor furnace not wanting to turn on. On Command was not showing Temps in any of the 3 zones. Unplugged shore power, disconnected batteries, reset On Command and nothing. Finally 1 zone had a temp, furnace kicked on but would not cycle. Zone Temps all gone again. Went through same process, plus got a different propane tank and hooked it up. Still not cycling. Called On Command and they say it isn't a problem on their end but they know what the problem is. Told me to call Keystone and get a relay that is missing in garage AC and plug it in after disconnecting ALL power, then reconnect. We got the part, installed, and it seems like it took a day for it to start working. Not sure why, but furnace is again working. Worked all last winter until we shut it down in early Spring. Hope this might help someone else.

Intermittent operation is the most difficult to troubleshoot. The 12v for the furnace control goes thru the AC unit. There is a relay in the control box in the AC unit. Or the thermostat could be bad. OR the control board in the furnace also.

Woke up in the middle of the night to find that our second trailer was cold. Turns out the furnace was off and, try as I might, I couldn't get it to come back. The trailer was connected to AC power, the lights worked, the AC outlets worked, and the gas stove worked. But the furnace wouldn't even try. That is, when I turned the furnace On nothing happened at all. The blower didn't start, there were no clicks, there was no rush of gas... nothing.
This morning I tried it again and and started right up. But I would like to trust that tonight it won't die on me again.
have you checked the thermostat to make sure it is working? just a thought.

Latest resources

Back