Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

WesMcNeal

RVF Newbee
Just purchased a 2023 Jayco Seismic 405 equipped with a Dometic RM1350SLMX Two Way Fridge. Returned home after first trip out and parked camper at home and plugged to 50amp service. Camper was not sitting on level pad and after 2 days fridge quit cooling. I turned off Fridge, leveled camper and let it sit for 24 hours. Turned fridge back on with setting on Auto and set to 4. Waited 24 more hours and fridge still not cooling. Fan on back of fridge is running. I do not smell ammonia and do not see any visible leaks. Can someone please help? Please tell me that my fridge is not shot since it was not level.

Just purchased a 2023 Jayco Seismic 405 equipped with a Dometic RM1350SLMX Two Way Fridge. Returned home after first trip out and parked camper at home and plugged to 50amp service. Camper was not sitting on level pad and after 2 days fridge quit cooling. I turned off Fridge, leveled camper and let it sit for 24 hours. Turned fridge back on with setting on Auto and set to 4. Waited 24 more hours and fridge still not cooling. Fan on back of fridge is running. I do not smell ammonia and do not see any visible leaks. Can someone please help? Please tell me that my fridge is not shot since it was not level.
How unlevel front to back! I don't care side to side.

Well assuming 20 ft from tung to axels that's about 3 degrees right?

If the brine settled in the pipes (not likely), modern fridges have a double boiler, so damage is not likely.

I would say no damage! If the brine needs to flow try a trip down a curvey road.

However listen for the burner ignition and confirm it lights before you go to that effort.

Is your battery up? Required for ignition.

Stupid but nessisary, is the gas full and tank open.

No strike? Electrical, board failure,or controls failure.

Hope this was useful!!!

Latest resources

Back