Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Fooling with the mount of the new 1095, slipped out of my hand and fell slowly from my lap between the seat and wall. Not far nor hard. But just enough to crack the screen. InopšŸ˜­

Iā€™ll call Garmin to see what a new screen install will cost not one trip on this unit!!

Mega bummer, sorry to hear that! Minor thing in the grand scheme of this experience, just a thing!

Ouch! Iā€™m using an ipad mini with a broken screen to display google maps as a 2nd source and I just put clear packing tape over the cracks - looks fine when on, but if your 1095 wont even work that wouldn't help much.

Last edited:
Sorry for the broken screen and I was going to suggest the paper map or Atlas; with your luck, you'll tear a page. Consider the laminated pages of the Truckers Atlas.

Joe, are you sure it wonā€™t power on? I canā€™t see how a cracked screen would prevent that. Be sure itā€™s wired correctly and in its magnetic mount and it should still work. You can use ā€œHey Garminā€ voice commands as needed.

It powers up , inputs are the problem. Random characters appear when entering info

Try voice command? "Hey Garmin" (wait). Find XYZ campground. Or "Find 123 Anywhere St." - you can do about anything using voice commands.

It powers up , inputs are the problem. Random characters appear when entering info
Have you tried entering the commands verbally? "Hey Garmin". Of course, depending on how broken the screen is you wouldn't have the visual directions.

Latest resources

Back