• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Don't be this guy...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I can tell it was a '10-'12 maroon 4×4 F150 crew cab, may have been the toad but the bumper was too mangled to see if it had tow attachment points. Not looking for CGI, I know it's real, just trying to figure out if it was in fact the toad or collateral damage.
I don't argue that, but!!!

First let me ask. If marketing aims at emotions, is there anyone who would benefit for a staged video???

How many times have you had a steer blowout??? In anything!

How many of these videos popped up before retrobands hit the market??? Vs. Now!!!

Before your post, I considered the PU as a tow'd but your analysis brought another equation into the mix!!!

I, at first watch, thought the RV that came across the median hit the side of the under control RV, that could easily answer the tow'd becoming disconnected.

I am going back to the video to consider the path of the recording vehicle to see movement of the camera, and any avoidance moves!!!

Just saying!!!

Anyone got an accident report on this one???

This image is just some random trucker camera posting. No date nor location.
Mile marker 347-9 somewhere out west.
If you go to Min 10 you will see that the house portion of the Class A is gone, splinters spread across the road, only the chassis and basement doors are left after the impact.
I have run across enough of these images to realize just how fragile the RV house structure is constructed. Basically turns to splinters on impact.
Being a Risk Guy for 40 years, I have a tendency to focus on what can go wrong and mitigate. Does take some fun out of somethings....

Thinking about this type of event. The average refrigerator is 300 or so pounds. At 70mph that translates into something above 49,000 lbs of force. That is one heck of a missile just a few meters behind you.

I would bet everything I own that no one walked away from that. Or was carried away alive.

I would bet everything I own that no one walked away from that. Or was carried away alive.
Might I suggest you not be so hasty to make big bets? Ever seen one of those accidents, where the whole front of a car is just DESTROYED, but somehow, there's that one headlight that still works? Truth is stranger than fiction, and there could have been someone survive that, depending on where they were in the coach.

Just sayin'.....Roger

Latest resources

Back