Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

R3tir3d

RVF Newbee
I am currently living in a 2019 Heartland Sundance, have been for about a month. Last night, for the first time, I wasn’t able to lock my door. This morning I saw there is a gap at the top right hand corner of the door. Does anyone know what could’ve caused this and how to fix it?

I have no idea how you shut your doors! I never slam a door, I figure something is wrong if I need to.

So with that said, if the door shuts hard I look for loose screws first, then hinge problems, gaskets out of position, that kind of thing.

I have no idea how you shut your doors! I never slam a door, I figure something is wrong if I need to.

So with that said, if the door shuts hard I look for loose screws first, then hinge problems, gaskets out of position, that kind of thing.
Thank you. I looked at all that and it all looked normal. I finally called a repair man to come a take a look at it. He agreed that the hinges and screws all looked normal. Apparently, the Yuma summer heat is warping my door. He had to adjust the plate one the door jam and install more gaskets on the door to close that gap. Thanks again for your help.

Thank you. I looked at all that and it all looked normal. I finally called a repair man to come a take a look at it. He agreed that the hinges and screws all looked normal. Apparently, the Yuma summer heat is warping my door. He had to adjust the plate one the door jam and install more gaskets on the door to close that gap. Thanks again for your help.
So you're weathering the dsw heat this summer! Nice eh! Me too!

Latest resources

Back