Rustymayes

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Fulltimer
No
I would like to be able to drain the fresh water tank to freshen up the supply. The manual suggests that there should be drain valve at or near the tank but I have not been able to locat locate one. I see the over fill under the smaller basement locker but no drain valve. I see the low point drains and valves in the wet bay but they are on the other side of the coach from the fresh water tank. In the past I just used the water pump to transfer to the grey or black tanks and then use the dumps with the Sanicon system. I would rater just open a valve though and drain the fresh water. HAs anyone with a 4081 DS found a drain valve?
Rusty Mayes

There should be a valve at the back of your wet bay…
The other fast way to help drain is to run the pump with the low point drains open.

Rich

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
You should find the drain valve back behind here:
IMG_3199.png
It drains extremely slowly.

Mine is very difficult to see, it is way behind the sanicon hose, I have to feel around for it, but it's there, actually considering removing the sanicon hose, never use it

We have low point drains in the wet bay and a fresh water drain on the passenger side mid bay. That one comes directly off the tank to drain and is faster than the low points.

May be worth a look to see but we do have a Superstar so may not have the same setup.

THANKS GUYS!, I found it, yes a bit difficult to see and unmarked. I knew it would not take long to get the answer. I wish it had a hose bib on it so I could run a hose away from its covered parking spot. I think I will add one. I like to keep a full load of fresh water on board as I fill with soft water and it is our emergency back up when power is out at the ranch. With these hot days we have had its time to drain and freshen the load.
Cheers Rusty

Mine is very difficult to see, it is way behind the sanicon hose, I have to feel around for it, but it's there, actually considering removing the sanicon hose, never use it
The Sanicon is the only way I dump. I pump through a dedicated garden hose to my septic clean out 75 feet from my barn. I do not even own a stinky slinky. I am thinking of proactively replacing the Sanicon hose now though before it develops a stinky leak as I understand is inevitable with time. It is coming up on two years old.

As others have noted, you almost have to find it by feel and it drains slow. If i do not have hours for it to drain, I also open the low point drains and turn the water pump on. Then turn the pump off when you start getting an irregular flow out the low point drains.

The easiest and quickest way I have found to drain the tank is to hook a hose up to the outdoor shower cold water, run the hose to nearby yard area and turn the pump on. A full tank will empty in about 10 minutes.
IMG_3200.png

Latest resources

Back