Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm about 2 days from end of journey from a long trip, a great trip, and I tell ya, there is always something breaking somewhere! Yesterday it was my Magnum ME-BMK (fixed a bad ground wire from a bad installer - yep, me) and tire pressure on an inner dually. Over the past nearly 3 years of coach ownership these plastic drawer latches have been tricky, sometimes breaking, sometimes fixable. Today it's the top kitchen drawer and I can't find the part that went missing that came out rendering it useless. Good thing I bought plenty of spare latches in the event this should occur again. If you have these latches in your coach then you should consider buying spares.

Amazon.com: Camp'N - 4 Pack - Push Catch - Latch - Grabber - Holder for RV Cabinet Doors with Mounting Hardware - 5 lbs Pull Force - Perfect for RV, Trailer, Camper, Motor Home, Cargo Trailer - OEM Replacement: Home Improvement

latches.png

Agree with @Neal on spare latches. Here is a solution I used in a pinch when a kitchen drawer latch broke during our travels and I had no spare. I removed a latch from the bedroom dresser and replaced the broken latch on the kitchen drawer. When the slides are in the bedroom dresser drawers cant go anywhere so no issues on the road.

We just swapped out these latches with Soft Close hardware for the kitchen drawers. Much easier to operate. The latches are hard to open and as you say easy to break. See attached video.

Attachments

• IMG_4810 (Edited).mp4
    5.8 MB
Joe, did you use Everbilt or another brand? I have considered changing over the kitchen to soft close but never gotten around to it.

The last time we were at the factory I bought 4 or 5 of the replacement latches. Already used 2 for replacement. Probably should have bought 6 or 7.

Joe, did you use Everbilt or another brand? I have considered changing over the kitchen to soft close but never gotten around to it.

The last time we were at the factory I bought 4 or 5 of the replacement latches. Already used 2 for replacement. Probably should have bought 6 or 7.
These were installed by Newmar, a factory option on 2020 Newmar CanyonStars and others. Not sure if they are Liberty or Everbuilt or other. Currently Newgle is down but I'll check. Part# for 20" drawer glide is 119312 .

When I looked into these before (drawers) it looked like a pretty easy change-over. Home Depot had some different lengths in the $18 to $26 range.

The Newmar service person changed these out quickly. It appeared to be a relatively simple swap on each drawer.

We just swapped out these latches with Soft Close hardware for the kitchen drawers. Much easier to operate. The latches are hard to open and as you say easy to break. See attached video.
I would love to see the video, but it won't seem to run for me. How about others; are you able to see it?

TJ

I second the soft close drawer slides...we have them on our 2020 New Aire and they do not budge during travel.

Latest resources

Back