Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rvtraveler

RVF Regular
I’m think adding a sliding drawer on my TT. The front storage hold everything I need but isn’t organized very well and sometimes I need to remove stuff to get what I need that’s behind. Has anyone done this and if so what do I need to do it.

Keyline makes slideout trays, I bought one when adding a Dometic cooler in my basement.

There are a few videos on youtube that address the issue and show how to build your own. My personal favorite is located here;

I have found this one to give the best information regarding the building of a slide out drawer.

Not all that hard to do if you have equipment then you can make one, If you don't have the equipment buy one. My only suggestion is make sure you put a slide latch to keep it secure when on the road.

Based on the current price of wood, especially hardwood, I would start pricing aluminum slide out trays. Not sure if Newmar would be the cheapest place to get one from but I do know they have extremely high quality ones that would be very simple to install. My Ventana had two and they worked perfectly no matter how heavy I loaded them for over 3 years.

Newmar uses Keyline and when I added my Dometic cooler it was HALF the cost direct from Keyline vs. Newmar (not surprising anyone there, as well as the Dometic cooler was much cheaper direct from Dometic and/or Amazon). Contact Keyline, their products are awesome such as the one for dometic is a double arm so it comes out past your overhead slide if needed.

Latest resources

Back