RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
Wander if anyone has experience clean the dryer lint? I’m suspecting ours has not been cleaned in 5-6 years. Afraid I will have to wrestle the drier out to the job. It will not help my newly acquired hernia:sick:

Wander if anyone has experience clean the dryer lint? I’m suspecting ours has not been cleaned in 5-6 years. Afraid I will have to wrestle the drier out to the job. It will not help my newly acquired hernia:sick:
Oh no, on the hernia. Take care of yourself! I, too, need to clean mine.

As she said, be careful! You have mods to do :)

I wonder if you can remove the plate on the outside of the coach and vacuum it out? Otherwise yeah, you'd have to pull the dryer out, I'm not sure that's a big deal as it's lighter than the washer but no fun.

Oh no, on the hernia. Take care of yourself! I, too, need to clean mine.
Thank you Renee. Scheduled to go into Mayo Clinic repair shop in Nov, after the trip.

As she said, be careful! You have mods to do :)

I wonder if you can remove the plate on the outside of the coach and vacuum it out? Otherwise yeah, you'd have to pull the dryer out, I'm not sure that's a big deal as it's lighter than the washer but no fun.
Thanks Neal. Looks like pulling out the drier is a better option. The outside plate is permanently glued, siliconed and painted in place? Removing it could make a mess of the paint.

Thanks Neal. Looks like pulling out the drier is a better option. The outside plate is permanently glued, siliconed and painted in place? Removing it could make a mess of the paint.
I used to have a dryer cleaning kit and I was wondering if I could just stick the brush through from the outside vent.

We had issues keeping ours cleaned out. I recently began using my leaf blower after removing the inside screen which worked great - first from inside the dryer and then from the outside as well.

I’m tempted to use the leaf blower too. Will try it tomorrow.
Thanks

I have a brush and turn dyer on, stick it down outside vent and watch the lint come out. Don’t think it goes all the down but better than nothing

Brushtech B68C 10-Feet Long Dryer Vent Duct Cleaning Brush https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RL6HFY/?tag=rvf01-20

Latest resources

Back