Drier duct lint cleaning

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Sorry to hear of the hernia.

At home, I have a long flexible wand on my vacuum, which I use to clean out the lint shoot in the drier, after I clean the screen. The screen gets cleaned after every load. This really reduces the lint that goes further in. It doesn't eliminate it altogether, though. I plan to use this strategy in the MH as well.

I will also order the brush. If it got too bad, I would have to take it to a professional. I cannot get the washer or drier out.

I use masking tape to protect the paint on the vent

Today I finished the conversion to Dish from DTV and decided to take care of the drier exhaust.
First, I managed to stick two of my fingers past the flap, and felt something like a 2-3” piece of rock???
Pulled it out, and it was a mud dauber nest. Now this is serious.
The duct cleaning brush is of no use. There is a sharp 90 bend immediately after the flap. The silver duct is only about 4” and than goes directly into the drier.
I cut the silicone after taping around, and popped the cover from the two tabs on the bottom with a screwdriver.
Blew with the leaf blower from inside out, and checked with a flash light. Looks clean?.
Tomorrow will pop the fancy cover back in and silicone around. Another HoneyDo is in the books of
The HoneyDo Hall of Fame

5D4A0947-433D-48EE-BDF0-C54F863E485F.jpeg4E24C6DB-03A6-4068-9DF8-BE73A8324418.jpeg

Oh boy! I screened off everything else, water heater, furnace, air intake for engine, engine grille. Now what to do to protect this? Always room for more creativity.

I have a brush and turn dyer on, stick it down outside vent and watch the lint come out. Don’t think it goes all the down but better than nothing

Brushtech B68C 10-Feet Long Dryer Vent Duct Cleaning Brush https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RL6HFY/?tag=rvf01-20
I finally got my brush and attempted to clean the duct today. Although I couldn't get the brush in very far, I was able to clean quite a bit. How far in do you get it to go and is there a certain direction I should aim for? ?

I barely got couple inches. On my coach, there is immediate 90 degree turn in the duct, that the brush can not make.
Also the duct in the 4369 is vey short. Maybe 10”?
That’s why I used the electric leaf blower. Blew from inside out and lots of lint came out.

Installation of dryer in 4018 allows brush to go in a lot farther, not so much on 43’ models

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back