RV Length
Chassis
freightliner
Engine
cat 330
TOW/TOAD
Fulltimer
No
so i just picked up a 2004 journey and the previous owner said that the ac works but since it comes all the way from the back it doesn't get that cool. I drove it home tuesday and it was not that warm out, maybe upper 70's, I was sweating bullits until I turned on some aux fans, do i need to get this checked out or is this normal?

Are you talking dash AC. That comes from the front but the compressor and hoses are in the rear and go all the way to the front. Dash ac worked fine in our 2006 Journey. It may need a recharge. The house AC is from a unit in the rear and comes out in the ceiling vents. You can run the generator and the house ac while driving if you wanted to.

yup start with a recharge, which you can do yourself with a minimum of self-teaching, and go from there.

Here’s a very recent and very informative thread on this very subject:

That will get you started whether you do the initial recharge yourself or have it done.

Thanks that will get me started

So I did add some freon to the ac and it appears to be working, we'll see how long it lasts, but for now awesome!!!

Good news for you, on a side note but related are there cabin filters for the dash air in the class A motor home ?

Latest resources

Back