• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Drivers hanging out in the shadows

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It might be time for me to get a better camera - I can see most of my jeep and nothing else. Maybe I just need a higher rez camera?

I hate people riding in my blind spot. A little wag left and right with the steering wheel so the TOAD swings back and forth a little usually makes them speed up and move on. ;)
I agree "EZ".I drove trucks for 37 years and nothing would get me more upset then to have someone ride next to the trailer mile after mile. Sometimes turning a turn signal on works if they are paying attention. If not your method usually works. Make them think your not paying attention. That usually will do it. Last resort take a tire check break or exit off and back on behind them but stay out of sight

I wouldn't have a problem with this. In this particular situation you could see him and knew where he was. Now if he were riding where I could NOT see him then it would annoy me.

I agree as long as I see them I figure it is good to have them there. Feel sure an extra set of eyes on everything would be good and would bet they would be glad to lend a hand if needed. Just my opinion and we know that everyone has one. LOL

I agree "EZ".I drove trucks for 37 years and nothing would get me more upset then to have someone ride next to the trailer mile after mile. Sometimes turning a turn signal on works if they are paying attention. If not your method usually works. Make them think your not paying attention. That usually will do it. Last resort take a tire check break or exit off and back on behind them but stay out of sight
A blowout will cause them to move. I witnessed one and that cured me of ever wanting to pace alongside an 18 wheeler.

Guess I'll have to be in the camp that thinks it is a little unsafe to ride next to someone for miles and miles down the interstate. What if either one of you has a blow our which causes a sudden lane change? Or something darts out in front of your lanes, or an object falls off a vehicle in front of you that needs to be avoided? No folks......the guy/gal needs to buy a pair of better sunglasses and a visor IMHO.

I say that person is driving in the second most dangerous place to drive. Emergency maneuver? Not good. The most dangerous place to drive is riding the right corner of a larger vehicle. You may not realize it, but that person is endangering not only their own life, but the lives of others in the other vehicle. I would keep slowing down until they gave up and passed.

A blowout will cause them to move. I witnessed one and that cured me of ever wanting to pace alongside an 18 wheeler.
Man ain't that the truth!!! I had a semi blow a tire in front of me while we were all running 75-80 MPH. He was about 3-4 vehicles in front of me. First there was the "bomb going off" sound, then everyone started scattering across all 5 lanes as best they could. Then the raining of hard rubber pieces falling from the sky started. It will sure wake you up!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I owned a trucking company and drove truck (semis). Not only did he put himself in a dangerous position, but he was blocking traffic. The left lane is for passing! It irritated me to no end when a 4 wheeler would do that.

Latest resources

Back