Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I hated driving the car long distances, even though when I did 12 hours to Newmar from Richmond, VA I was impressed how comfortable my new at that time Chevy Colorado was/is. This has nothing to do with the comfort of your vehicle, it's about the drive. I can say I really enjoy the drive and the journey's in my motorhome, not only is it think time but I remind myself to look out the big window and take in the scenery. I couldn't care less about the drive in a car and hated even going two hours. It's interesting that I can drive across the United States and enjoy the journey as well as exploring new campgrounds I've never been to.

Vrey interesting. I have always enjoyed driving and sleeping in rest areas and truck-stops, since my young youth. In fact the drive 5 hours or 20 hours, was always more exciting to me than what I did when I got there. Now if we have to go somewhere far away, my wife will fiy and I will may drive. I don't know if I will ever get to drive and 18 wheeler, but I would love the experience, not for a job, but just to drive it. Maybe even pull a few loads per diem.

Something happens, for sure. My back hasn’t tolerated more than a 3 hour stint in my “cars and trucks”. Even my Raptor...the most comfortable among all...is a challenge to do our usual 5.5 hour vacation drive without a stop and stretch.

But that all changed last year, when I started cranking out 5,6,7...and even a 10 hour drive day in our Dutch Star!

Yes, I guess we are now in a bit different mode in terms of pace; with breaks taken within 3 hours. But still, I never thought my back would hold up to an 8 hour drive...especially stacked in succession!

I have always enjoyed traveling long distance I cars (10-12 hours) my last car was a Lexus (sold it since we can't tow 2 car). Funny thing is driving our Ventana seems to be much more relaxing. Might be because instead of going 70+ and changing lane, I normally drive the MH at a few miles under speed limit and just enjoy. Might also be due to air bag, lack of noise, looking out picture window makes it seem like you driving you easy chair down the road. Longest drive in MH was 10 hours (I4 in Orlando a mess). We stop every 3-4 hours for fuel or bladder relief, so I don't know how long I could actually drive straight.

Latest resources

Back