Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Who RV's with a drone? I used to have a DJI Phantom 3 Pro and sold it and got the newer DJI Mavic 2 Pro (and Fly More Kit). Really enjoying the more compact drone but still figuring out how to get the photography and video nailed down. If you haven't dabbled with the drones you should, it's a lot of fun and the new perspective in photography with them is really cool. I am going to start including YouTube videos of my "where was I with my Newmar" posts to show the campgrounds better.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RZDWCM1/?tag=rvf01-20

I recently got the DJI Goggles which has been interesting.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07448FPTT/?tag=rvf01-20

Share your drone videos. Will be fun to see.

Had a Pro...sold it a while back to simplify my photo gear inventory. The new mini is pretty intriguing at only $350.

We frequently travel with a skeet gun on board.

If you shoot like me then there is nothing to worry about. But I have a feeling I should be worried :geek:

Let's just say that I've been known to run the table at a 100-target event.

TJ

I've thought about it, but that's about as far as it went. The decent ones are darned expensive!!

There are a gazillion of them these days in all price points. It's fun to do while RVing to get the different perspectives with photography.

I was considering buying a DJI Mavic Mini. Just barely under the weight threshold that it doesn’t have to be registered with the FAA and it has a 30m flight time, 2-mile range, 12MP camera and shoots video at 2.7K. Only issue is no obstacle avoidance, but at a $400 price tag, maybe that’s not too much of an issue. For $500, the fly more kit gets you a ton extra as well. Could be a fun little toy when you’re sitting in a standstill traffic jam, open the window and fly it ahead to see what the deal is. Also great for catching aerials of your adventures...think I may be taking advantage of the Black Friday deal @Neal posted!

I've enjoyed the drone photography. I wouldn't worry about the FAA requirement or have that drive me to a lesser drone, instead get the drone you want and if you need to then pay up the $5 fee and put a label with your FAA number on the drone. But it is interested how DJI went so far as to get it 1 gram under the weight limit.

The obstacle avoidance saved me once already with the Mavic 2 Pro. Not sure how but I kind of went into full opposite panic mode doing something and went right towards a tree. Never had this issue with my Phantom 3 Pro which didn't have obstacle avoidance but I can tell you it works great on the Mavic 2 Pro. Would I buy a drone for obstacle avoidance? No, typically not necessary but it's cool to see it work. Drones are fun and I do think they compliment our adventure spirit of RVing and capturing neat videos and pictures. I installed a Synology DS218+ NAS with 2 x 2TB SSD's in my coach which stores all of the photos and videos.

Latest resources

Back