RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
Our DS came with Sleep Number mattress. I don’t like it at all. My home bed with memory foam topper is much more comfortable.
I wander if someone had to replace his coach mattress and any suggestions. I know it has to fit under the cabinets when slide is closed.
DW is busy cruising the Net to get one already 😀

It's interesting folks either love or hate the Sleep Number beds. Our DS came with a foam mattress which didn't go well under the closets and I didn't find it comfortable. We went to a SN store and had the full demo, I bought 2 beds one for the MH in a RV King and a Queen for the house. We love them.
One thing we did do was turn off the responsive air feature it keeps the bed from constantly adjusting and the pump from cycling.

We bought a Memory foam for the "King" space provided and ended up changing it to a queen because we couldn't access the cubby's anymore. The new mattresses are a lot thicker than what came with it. Built some bolsters to keep the mattress centered. We like the queen better because there is more room now when walking around the bed. I can't remember what the brand was but the one's that come in the box are very comfortable. We had one in the house before we moved out. Sleep numbers are overrated.

Yep, love or hate, we love ours. We are 60's for SN. We are going to replace home one as needed with them. Everyone is different.

Didn't care for the one in our Phaeton. Took it out and replaced it with a king sized mattress from our guest room. Took two men and a tow truck to get it into the coach and around the captain's chair. But we finally got it in and it was great.

But . . . we also experienced a bit of luck as the king mattress from our guest room was actually wider than the king air mattress that was originally in the coach. And when the slides come in, the mattress just barely, and I mean barely, fit between the cabinets on the other side of the coach.

So it could have gone wrong in a hurry, and had the mattress been an inch wider, we would have had to take the $^#@##$ thing back out. So measure closely when you find the mattress you want.

Last edited:
Recently stumbled on Mattess Insider. We just replaced our home mattress with a Tempurpedic, so may soon be looking for a mattress for the coach.

Safe travels.

Check out the dynasty mattresses. You have different levels of firmness and they carry RV sizes. We bought one for the Class A we remodeled and sold and now bought again for our travel trailer. I’m a heavy guy and the firm is great for me. We bought the 14” thick for the class A and loved it. We bought the 10” thick for the travel trailer. I think the 14” is the best for me, but I’m 300lbs. We ended up keeping the week 6” mattress and put the 10” on top of it and now it’s like the 14”.

We were on the road today, but we will check all of your suggestions. Our mattress can not be more than 8” , or will not fit under the cabinets when slide is in.

We were on the road today, but we will check all of your suggestions. Our mattress can not be more than 8” , or will not fit under the cabinets when slide is in.
Most of the memory foam type are 10" thick. Ours is almost 12". The dog really has to think about it before jumping up there now.:ROFLMAO:

Latest resources

Back