• Commercial/Vendors welcome

EAA AirVenture - Oshkosh, WI

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Arrived EAA Airventure in Oshkosh Camp Scholler. Neal was so kind to hold a spot for us next to him and guide us in. He is also sharing tips and tricks for RV and Airventure. Such a great resource full of knowledge. Thank again Neal.

So looking forward to being part of this experience this year. Been on my bucket list for too long.

I’m using TMobile home with a Cudy P5 Pepwave antenna on roof. Getting 100mb down and 35 up.

Attachments

• IMG_0519.jpeg
    IMG_0519.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0520.jpeg
    IMG_0520.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 14
Glad you all made it in safe just before the storm. And I'm super glad you were aware Elli was under your rig before you moved forward as I was too involved in helping you!

Great to hear on your T-Mobile. I'm still hanging on with AT&T and Verizon and hope to get through the week without having to throw Elon $100 for a week's use of Starlink.

Enjoy the show...

EAA days are behind us now. We will be parked across the lake on the Michigan side 😀. Have fun and pray for good weather👍

AT&T and Verizon are saturated with 1 MB/s down, or so. Starlink reactivated and now showing 70 MB/s at 8 PM local.

T-Mobile home still showing great results 337mb down and 55.8mb up. Could be because it it 10pm. But still. Pretty fast.

Attachments

• IMG_0523.png
    IMG_0523.png
    248 KB · Views: 3
Had a great time at the EAA AirVenture airshow and 11 days boondocking. Great spending time with @Ddmo in their new ceramic coated Dutch Star which I had such a reflection I was able to point 10 solar panels at them and create a solar station powering the entire event :)

The rains were frequent this year making the dirt roads extremely slick so I almost got trapped around day 8 and danger low on water and full black and gray tanks which all 3 were balanced nicely surprisingly. I could have made it to the end with extreme conservation but with the intense sun and heat the roads dried out enough I could make it to the dump station - what a relief.

Solar once again really didn't pay off as it was so hot that I needed to run the GEN a lot with critter inside and also I like keeping cool. Nights were cool and GEN was not really needed, down in the 60's. But for those looking at solar I still am not sure it's worth the investment when you have a ONAN quiet generator unless in a place where you don't need to run A/C and can really use it. Solar did its job and worked well in getting batteries charged etc. until it was time for A/C to run which was around 9-10 AM. 6 year old batteries are still working well and I'm waking up to around 82% SOC when loads are managed. One night I didn't turn off my powerful desktop computer (1000W power supply), my Dometic basement cooler was on 22F trying to get very cold drinks, and Starlink was in use which was a power hog so I was drawing a steady 50A for the night so I got surprised by the GEN running when SOC got down to the preset value of 65% SOC to charge the batteries. Next night I turned off the PC, set the dometic CF-80 to 32 and left Starlink running and I drew between 5-10A for the night, big difference.

Event was great, of the 3 times I've been it wasn't the greatest due to higher costs keeping some performers from coming or flying but it's always great to do something different whether an airshow, NASCAR race (for those that have done that), Balloon Fiesta, etc. Taking the RV to new adventures and uses makes it more fun, doing with others makes it even better.

Now I'm up in the U.P. MI enjoying peace and quiet (full hookup) doing 98 loads of laundry, disinfecting a dirty coach, and enjoying real dishes and glassware.

In a few days I'll move over to Hearthside Grove which is going to be interesting, stay tuned for the story which I'll post AFTER I leave, yeah, there's some drama there which is still ongoing.

We’re still debating the investment in solar for the new RV.
Solar once again really didn't pay off as it was so hot that I needed to run the GEN a lot with critter inside and also I like keeping cool.

Latest resources

Back