Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Made it to the show grounds for the annual big airshow event - EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, WI. Got here a little early this year as I hate searching for a site in a big rig with toad in crowded grounds. It's going to be hot this year, even today in the 70's is brutal in the sun so I chose the 24 hour GEN area to allow A/C running at night as we'll be in the 90's as the week progresses. Have an area next to me reserved for @Ddmo arriving Saturday.

Surprised but not surprised how many RV's are already here. Not all visible in the photo, probably north of 1K RV's already here in the various sections combined.

At the moment cellular is good. Verizon is north of 100 MB/s down, AT&T is 60'ish down. I'm guessing I'll bring Starlink online Monday but I'm going to see how it goes first as carriers continue to build out and improve networks.

IMG_5136.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5140.JPG
    IMG_5140.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5139.JPG
    IMG_5139.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5137.JPG
    IMG_5137.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5138.JPG
    IMG_5138.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
@Neal ... how do you handle water and sewer while you are there?

FLSteve :unsure:

There is a dump station on site with potable water. I did 8 days last year no problem, this year I'll hit the dump station mid week. Fresh is plenty for me, black is not an issue with the gravity toilet, even so without it as during the day you're at the event and if needed there are portapoties everywhere. Grey is the problem for me as I believe my coach has 55 gal grey (45 gal black). What I may try is my transfer device so I can move grey to black, we'll see. It's just another valterra gate valve that attaches to your wye valve where you hook on a traditional sewer. Some people have fresh water bladders in the back of their toads, I have one, never used or needed it.

To transfer grey to black you use this gadget below, open grey to over pressure the black so when you open black grey moves into black. It can happen pretty fast.

Amazon product ASIN B000BGHYJS

IMG_5141.JPG

What I really want to know as others should is what kind of airplane is @Neal going to buy at the show? Now with a toad plane it gets even more interesting.

There is a guy parked next to us, from Maine, that is here for the mid Ohio historical motorcycle races and show. He is headed to the EAA when he leaves Ohio.

There is a guy parked next to us, from Maine, that is here for the mid Ohio historical motorcycle races and show. He is headed to the EAA when he leaves Ohio.
And you, umm, invited him to join RVF? :geek:

Are you in Wauseon? If so, I have a brew recommendation for you.

Are you in Wauseon? If so, I have a brew recommendation for you.
I am. If only I could express the anxiety I feel waiting for this reply!!

Latest resources

Back