Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
I have put off installing a stand for my Wingard auto dome for over 2 years. I suspect by getting it up in the air it would give me better reception in different locations.

I have wondered about another solution though, which might not be possible. What if a over-the-air antenna was attached to your flagpole and plugged into the cable port inside the electrical bay? Would your TVs recognize the signal and could you program them to receive the free over-the-air channels? I know we have hooked campground cable to that port on a few occasions and it works for cable, why wouldn't it work with an antenna hooked to it? Or is this the dumbest idea anyone has ever heard of?

I have used it the way you describe and used it for a pathway for a cell antenna to the booster in the coach. I am not sure if you have RG6 installed or RG59 for cable. On RG59 there can be a lot of loss.

I've done that for OTA TV channels too. I purchased a household antenna and put it on a 20' pole and ran the cable to the trailer. Just make sure that the amplifier is turned off before you scan.

Interesting. Now to find the right all-weather antenna. Thanks.

Joe, you can get something like this. It is an amplified antenna with all the accessories to mount on a pole or your RV. It also has the 12volt injector so you can use it just about anywhere. I have one and where I am I get 86 channels and my neighbor got 56 with his batwing.
Over-the-Air Antennas
1586277882740.png

Latest resources

Back