Dutch Star
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ram
Fulltimer
Yes
Hope this helps someone else. Noticed the residential fridge and the microwave (both run off the inverter) lost power briefly. Looked at the Magnum control panel and it was flickering as well as showing bulk charge at zero amps. My neighbor suggested I check my 18 month old AGM batteries. He said one bad battery would cause my issues. Made sense to me so I disconnected all eight batteries and used a volt meter to check for an obvious bad battery. All showed slightly over six volts. Loaded them up and took them to O'REILLY'S to have them load tested. I had one battery that was bad.
Reinstalled the batteries and everything is good. FWIW the bad battery was the last one in the series before it went to the chassis ground.
Now I know I need a battery load tester. That way I won't have to remove all the batteries to get them tested. I'll still have to disconnect them but won't be lifting and hauling all of them to the parts store to be checked.
The only thing that works all the time on a RV is the owner.

Great to hear! So now the question, what's a good load tester for 6V batteries? Did a quick look at Amazon as I may get one as well as mine are aging out I think:

I should have one too so I’ll be interested to hear about your choice. I just had to replace the battery in our 2016 Ford Edge (26,000 miles) and it had every indication of being bad but I couldnt test it. When the car would start by jumping it with the battery in it, but would jumping it with the battery removed, I knew. But it would be nice to be able to test at home.

For the RV application you could test and replace your house batteries when they are starting to go rather than when the finally fail while out on the road. Same with start batteries. I replaced my start batteries at 6 years but they still worked fine and the new ones didn’t make things any better. Probably could have waited another year or so and with a load tester I’d know for sure. So yeah, time to buy one. Adding them up I have 14 LA batteries to maintain.

Ordered the same battery tester that Neal has but can't find.
I'll be in west Texas if he needs to borrow one.

Latest resources

Back