Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

crest

RVF Regular
I have a new 2022 Roadtrek Chase (300 miles) with steps that go in and out with the doors being opened. Two of the 3 steps have malfunctioned and won't retract. I have found I can get them to work for a day or two by attempting to adjust the sensors in the doors and door frames. But the "fix" doesn't hold. Any advice. Thanks.

Sounds like 2 problems. The steps should be all in or all out. The sensor does not control how many steps work but if they are in or out......Or do you mean you have 3 sets of steps and 2 of them have malfunctioned?

Just in case you need the information. We gave Winnebago a call because our step motor in our Aspect Class C was acting up and they had none in stock and no ETA on one. He said to take the part number to Autozone and they can order one because they are the same as a late-model electric window motor. Winnebago wanted 135.00 and Autozone was 39.95.
Ours was acting up and not extending most of the time but messed with it and make a noise but did not extend.

Sounds like 2 problems. The steps should be all in or all out. The sensor does not control how many steps work but if they are in or out......Or do you mean you have 3 sets of steps and 2 of them have malfunctioned?
3 steps but of those, 2 are malfunctioning. Thanks

Motor moves all thre steps via linkages, check all of the connections between steps and make sure no missing parts and that all the linkage pivot points are well lubed. Steps collect a lot or road dirt and debris and are a "need to be lubed often" maintenance point.

Latest resources

Back