RV Year
RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Magellan
RV Length
Chassis
unknown
This morning the electricity went out for a couple of hours. I understand not having 120 VAC, but I also had no 12 system either. No lights, nothing. When the power came back on, everything worked again.

I took the battery to a local auto store and they tested it under load. All good. Water level was good.

I believe this next issue is also related. My A/C started acting up. In Auto, the compressor would kick on, but no fan. Same thing in Low fan speed setting. On medium or High fan setting, it works fine, except the fan does not shut off, since it is not in auto. I discussed with someone else in the park more knowledgeable than me and we both agreed it was probably the controler. Bought a new one. Same issue.

Any idea what would cause these issues? Is it one gremlin for both, or 2 separate gremlins. Also, cleaned the A/C coils about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks.

Please fill out your profile with the link in my signature. It will help us to know your RV and setup. How many batteries, is an inverter involved, are you on shore power, do you have a generator...

My unit does have an inverter and battery charger. The ops manual did not offer any help.

This morning the electricity went out for a couple of hours. I understand not having 120 VAC, but I also had no 12 system either. No lights, nothing. When the power came back on, everything worked again.

I took the battery to a local auto store and they tested it under load. All good. Water level was good.

I believe this next issue is also related. My A/C started acting up. In Auto, the compressor would kick on, but no fan. Same thing in Low fan speed setting. On medium or High fan setting, it works fine, except the fan does not shut off, since it is not in auto. I discussed with someone else in the park more knowledgeable than me and we both agreed it was probably the controler. Bought a new one. Same issue.

Any idea what would cause these issues? Is it one gremlin for both, or 2 separate gremlins. Also, cleaned the A/C coils about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks.
Two gremlins.

I would make sure all wires are connected properly to the battery, and all fuses are good on 12vdc side including on the charger circuit.

A/C sounds like a switch issue, depending on how fancy it is.

Thanks. I went back and looked at my original thread. I did not include an important piece of info. I apologize. I have 2 A/C units and they both started having the exact same issue...no fan in auto or low, but fan on med or high...at the same time. I also have a 12 light above the stove that went out . LED. It was glowing very dimly...like me...so I replaced it. I had checked voltage at the wires. 12 vdc. Put new light in. Nothing. Took new light right back to the store. They do not take back electric oarts, but did hook it up to a battery for me to show it did indeed work. Would a bad switch cause a dim LED?

At any rate, I appreciate all the help. This might be a job for a pro, but if I can naybe narrow it down a bit, that would be a huge help.

Dim lights can be low battery voltage 12.0 dead battery 12.67 +- full.
Auto? Thermostat?

Both A/C with identical problem sounds like an input voltage issue or current is dropping too low when either kicks on. Probably some weird but eexpected symptom based on the controller programming.

Latest resources

Back