Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Electrical experts - can I safely use this C table with outlets?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Can that one outlet support a tablet, a phone, and a coffeecup warmer?
I have a great spot at the end of the sofa, next to the coffeemaker 👍🏼 and I'd like to use this table for my tablet, maybe phone, and add a mug warmer (on second shelf). Would this be safe?

So it can run a lot of stuff. The thing to rmemeber is that its probably not a home run to the panel so there is likely other outlets on that circuit. Turn off that breaker and see what else is on the circuit. Then do the math (total load in watts divided by 120 to get amps) and you’ll know how much total load you can put on it. A 15amp breaker can theoretically power 1800 watts, but you should keep the load under 80% for a safety margin, so just make sure that the total load on that 15amp breaker adds up to 1440 watts or less at any one time.
Yes, the coffeemaker and warmer might be a lot. Good suggestion - will try it out.

Yes, the coffeemaker and warmer might be a lot. Good suggestion - will try it out.
yes, a coffee maker can easily use 1200 watts, a Keurig is more like 1500. So if you find they are on the same circuit, just time your loads accordingly - don’t run everything at once, although the phone and tablet chargers draw so little that they really don’t factor in to the equation.

Can that one outlet support a tablet, a phone, and a coffeecup warmer?
I have a great spot at the end of the sofa, next to the coffeemaker 👍🏼 and I'd like to use this table for my tablet, maybe phone, and add a mug warmer (on second shelf). Would this be safe?
yes as long as you do no exceed the 15 amp load on the outlet

Warmer: 30W
IPhone 2014 Pro: 27W I think
(necessarily) huge Ipad 12.9": 30W
you need the amps as well as outlet is rated for a total of 15 amps

Latest resources

Back