Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
A fellow RV er told me today the best kept secret in overnight stays is Elks lodges. Is anyone a elks member and what is your experience?

I see those around when searching for CG's but don't know much about them. @sheridany care to educate us on costs, perks, etc.?

I talked to a local elks member and you have to join the organization. You need a sponsor and go to a meeting. They decide on your membership at a future meeting and once you are in you can use the RV parking for overnight stays across the country. Most are free or a small charge. Some have hookups and some don’t. Here’s are good link. This might be a good option in addition to Harvest Host/Boondockers to have available as a overnight place.

There is much more to being an elk than just free rv stays.

Simply put, no you can't just become a member and attend one meeting to become a member for free rv lodging. You must remain a member in good standing and active with your sponsored lodge.

I was a member of the elks for a long time, even got talked into becoming a trustee when the lodge was going broke due to mismanagement and theft. We got that straightened out back then but every new slate of officers is a new challenge with a new agenda.
I found that the only time I went up there was one day a year to pay my $77 so I dropped out. I don't live in town, don't need a place to eat lunch or drink.

I went to their rv site listings and the only one in IL I've been to. I remembered it being hard enough to find and park a pickup truck at that I couldn't imagine parking my rig there. I clicked on a few in alabama and put them on google earth and pretty much the same thing.

With my rig or the one I had before I'd just as soon take my chances on a WalMart and I don't do that either.

Latest resources

Back