Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

End of trip report - avoiding exhaustion?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Next time we go to a mountain destination we are planning a few days to acclimate to the altitude.
I didn't even consider this but depending on how high you are it can certainly be an issue. I have struggled with this too but not in a long while. Simply have not been at high altitudes in a while but certainly something to think about.

Next time we go to a mountain destination we are planning a few days to acclimate to the altitude. The first few days at Pueblo were difficult. Shaded the first few days of the event.
Now we are on the push home. My natural instinct is to get home….now.
Going on three weeks on the road, a month before we get home.
Lots of business and appointments to follow up on or attend.
Have to get ready for a trip north in September and Nappanee in October.
thats what we do, daughter lives in Utah, we travel in the mountains twice a year, on the way west from Illinois we spend a couple days each day during climb, we go up through montana and down to SLC via Idaho, beautiful trip. Never altitude issues except for some chip bags blowing up. remember to deflate the sleep number

Great RVF motto: “Keep the Wheels Turning”. And you’re so right. As we mature a bit, those one and two day stays just don’t cut it. 4+ is comfortable. I also have a full compliment of clothes and stuff in the coach and I keep the pantry stocked with non-perishables. Then all I have to do is empty the home fridge and buy beverages, because try as I will, I can never keep them stocked at home.
Some advice from My boating days! Leave no food items in the rig!!!

There are always hitchhikers attracted to anything they can eat!!!

Furniture covers make ready work a breeze!

Vacations are supposed to be vacations, you don't need to populate your vacation home with all the extras you have in your house, but it is a second home so set it up that way!

If you have an itinerary,and a time constraint, accept your going to finish beat! Don't care what the full timers say!

Consider a travel companion to share the work load with! I have noticed not having one has made moves much more tiring!(not talking a mate!!!)

Latest resources

Back